lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
Chris135
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Unhappy I just picked up a Columbia ParCar

I just picked up a 36v ParCar and I have two questions about it:

1. It doesn't always go when the pedal is pressed. After riding around for 30-45 minutes today I stopped at an intersection and when I pressed the pedal to go again, nothing happened, the charge gauge didn't move and the cart didn't go. I changed to reverse and the back up alarm came on but again no change, no charge gauge and no movement. After sitting there for a couple of minutes it finally started moving again. This has happened a couple of times, sometimes it just won't go backwards, today it wouldn't move at all. What is the issue or where should I check?

2. The VIN or serial number is no where to be found, not in cubbies or under seat. A couple of the frame parts say 97-99 or 98-99 but I don't know if that refers to year. The rear axle has a tag on it -
SPICER DANA
012AJ120 3
03-03-99 B8
S.N. 409950
Chris135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2017, 09:30 AM   #2
Chris135
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: I just picked up a Columbia ParCar

The answer to 1 is a bad solenoid or two. At some point in the past the cart was "refurbished." The solenoids clearly stated 48v on them and the cart is 36v. I don't know if that led to the failure of them but both front and reverse solenoids need to be replaced. To add to that I found a wire bundle that was cut, while everything seems to work aside from turn signals I am left to wonder about what the wires were for. I have a guess it may have been for the 36-12v converter and circuits as accessories are wired directly to the batteries. Parts on order and some rewiring is in order. Hopefully I can find some wiring schematics to follow.
The answer to 2 is still a mystery.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:53 PM   #3
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

The chassis/fork date is the date that tube was made here in Wisconsin. That makes it a 99. You should grab the 96-2000 manuals from the site. Other places to look for the VIN is attached. (Check last page).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CPC_Bulletin_Service_SB15_010_VIN_Locations.pdf (676.2 KB, 0 views)
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:11 PM   #4
Chris135
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thank you for the reply and the information. Unfortunately I see no labels or even residue on the side of the console, under the score card or on the rear fender with the back opened. Is there another way to get the serial or VIN? The insurance company needs it.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:32 PM   #5
Chris135
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris135 View Post
To add to that I found a wire bundle that was cut, while everything seems to work aside from turn signals I am left to wonder about what the wires were for. I have a guess it may have been for the 36-12v converter and circuits as accessories are wired directly to the batteries. Parts on order and some rewiring is in order. Hopefully I can find some wiring schematics to follow.
The answer to 2 is still a mystery.

I did replace the forward and reverse solenoids, one was done at Leesburg and I did the other. That has resolved the not moving intermittently issue. I have pulled all the old wiring for 12v, put in a new 20a reducer, fuse box and ground block and completely rewired the 12v. I used a marine switch panel and wired the reducer to its own switch with a 36v relay actually operating the reducer, that way if I turn that switch off all the 12v is off and the reducer doesn't draw when the key is off. The panel also has USB and 12v ports along with other switches I used for lighting. I also took some poetic license and wired in a relay and some back-up lights that turn on when 12v is on and the key is in reverse.

Now I have a stutter issue when I am depressing the accelerator while going forward. My guess is the accelerator switch. I will try some contact cleaner.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:33 PM   #6
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

If that plate isn't riveted to the rear left wheel well frame tube, then it was removed by someone. Unfortunately the axle serial is not in our system. I can check if the motor serial number or controller serial number were recorded. Also, if you can take photos of any other numbers, or the rear frame tube where it should be.....
Old 06-20-2017, 04:19 PM   #7
Chris135
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Unfortunately someone went nuts with black spray paint and didn't mask off much. I did manage to get a number off the control. I think the motor numbers may be a lost cause.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170620_165113520.jpg (97.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170620_165122771.jpg (236.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170620_165201041.jpg (96.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170620_165215262.jpg (219.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170620_165911100.jpg (207.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #8
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

I checked every one of those and none of them are cross referenced in our database. You're the first one to stump me on this.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:02 PM   #9
Chris135
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thank you for checking. It is just my luck.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar