lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2017, 12:48 PM   #1
ceb5
Not Yet Wild

Default OBC or Controller I think

Have a 02 model 48v ds cart that was run off into the lake. We let it dry out but now has a problem. When stepping on the pedal it will start to accelerate then feels like it cuts off and then starts back up. When it does this the OBC will lock, I can flip the Run/Tow switch and it will go again. I have not had that much trouble shooting exp. with a club car but feel like this is a controller or OBC problem. Can someone advise me how to pinpoint this before buying new parts? Thanks
ceb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2017, 05:14 PM   #2
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: OBC or Controller I think

If it was flooded, you are going to have issues....
Only way to remove flood issues it to replace all electronics and wiring.

Otherwise you will likely be chasing gremlins for the life of the cart.
The OBC is only used for charging. You can test it by bypassing the OBC, get your pack fully charged and see if it's better. If so, you might consider a stand alone smart charger instead of replacing OBC.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:41 AM   #3
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Think of it as a positive. Now you have an excuse to replace the controller, solenoid, cables, motor, maybe put in Lithium batteries - what a great cart it will turn out to be!
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:18 AM   #4
ceb5
Not Yet Wild

Can not afford to replace all of it, so I'll start with the controller and solenoid. Thanks for the advice, this is going to be expensive before its over.
ceb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car