lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2017, 10:10 AM   #21
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Towing Cart behind camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
They have huge road trains (as they are known) in the Australian outback. They have assembly areas outside city limits where they can hook up. However, I don't think any of our States let an average citizen hook up two trailers behind a vehicle.
Wow! Now that is a big rig!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2017, 10:56 AM   #22
Toolmaker Bob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just looked it up. There are 28 states that allow 2 trailers to be towed behind one vehicle. Each state has its own regulations on this. Those states that allow 2 trailers behind one vehicle are as follows:
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas,
Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana,
Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota,
Tennessee, Texas, and Utah.
Toolmaker Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #23
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

When we look at the rules for commercial transportation operations and unilaterally assume they apply to our RV's we make a leap that does not serve us well.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #24
dacheedah
Gone Wild

Yamaha

A good frame mounted hitch on the Camper and a camper with a good frame, you will want the weight on the camper axles not the tail of the camper or you will be tail heavy and wag at the camper and multiplied back.

A very balanced trailer with just a bit of tongue weight, electric or surge brakes set a little lower than the travel trailer

While you may be able to back it my suggestion would be don't. The camera would be a must. I would avoid travel when windy.
dacheedah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:25 PM   #25
Kartcruiser
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yes it is a Camper Trailer. 18' in length. I see a lot of people around here and down at Myrtle Beach towing their Carts and even small fishing boats behind their campers. I have talked to a few in the past and they say they have no problems. I want to get all the input I can from everyone before I do it.
Kartcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:32 PM   #26
Kartcruiser
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolmaker Bob View Post
Does your Kurt camper bumper receiver attach to the frame of your Palomino camper? Most camper bumpers are made out of THIN 4" square metal. They are not designed to support weight. They are hollow and to be used to store your sewer hose. I know a lot of camper manufactures mount spare tires on the rear bumper but that weight is a lot less than a trailer with a golf cart on it.
You are correct, they are not heavy duty by any means. I checked with the Camper Manf. and was told "NOT OVER 250# Tongue weight". I haven't checked the tongue weight yet with the cart on it.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:33 PM   #27
Kartcruiser
Getting Wild

Club Car

You are correct, they are not heavy duty by any means. I checked with the Camper Manf. and was told "NOT OVER 250# Tongue weight". I haven't checked the tongue weight yet with the cart on it.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:40 PM   #28
jethaulin
never finished

Club Car

live in ohio and have a CDL (commercial drivers license). you have to have a endorsement on you license to tow doubles/triples. have a buddy that pulls a 18' camper and a jetski trailer behind that. says if he gets pulled over he'll just play dumb. if you are going to do it, as pointed out make sure that after you hook up the second trailer you still have toungue weight on he first trailer.
jethaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #29
Kartcruiser
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacheedah View Post
A good frame mounted hitch on the Camper and a camper with a good frame, you will want the weight on the camper axles not the tail of the camper or you will be tail heavy and wag at the camper and multiplied back.

A very balanced trailer with just a bit of tongue weight, electric or surge brakes set a little lower than the travel trailer

While you may be able to back it my suggestion would be don't. The camera would be a must. I would avoid travel when windy.
I spent 18 years behind the wheel of a Big rig, all 48 and Canada, but never pulled doubles and really never wanted to. I would never take the type of setup I am talking about on the interstate or freeways. The Campgrounds we frequent are 25 to 40 miles from home and back roads all the way. Max speeds are 55 MPH. I see these rigs on the interstate quite a bit but Not me.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:44 PM   #30
crash test dummy

how about this trailer ??

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car