lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2018, 04:12 PM   #11
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: LED Light Bar for Phantom Body

I may be calling it the wrong name. But the abbr. suppose to mean "daytime running light". I've got it wired through a relay so that turning on the headlights will turn off the daytime running lights and turn on the headlights. I could add a schematic if your interested in doing it that way.
WalterM6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2018, 04:25 PM   #12
LouisC
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
The above light is the standard light kit. Upgradable to blinkers and brake switch etc. Comes in LED as well. Has its own on and off switch.
I already have the turn signals, brake lights etc. I will also add a back-up light wired from the buzzer. I just want to add that Center LED Light & Bumper with its own switch.
LouisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #13
LouisC
Getting Wild

I ordered it from Dave this morning....Difficulty will be to wire it to a 3-prong rocker switch....I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this light on a separate switch other than the headlights...all information on how to do this is welcomed.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:52 AM   #14
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisC View Post
I ordered it from Dave this morning....Difficulty will be to wire it to a 3-prong rocker switch....I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this light on a separate switch other than the headlights...all information on how to do this is welcomed.
With a three prong switch you must use a ground wire if you want the LED on the switch to light up when on. Wire a ground to the switch and ground to your bus or reducer ground wire.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:17 PM   #15
LouisC
Getting Wild

Quote:
With a three prong switch you must use a ground wire if you want the LED on the switch to light up when on. Wire a ground to the switch and ground to your bus or reducer ground wire.
The problem will most likely be the wires coming out of the light....Looked at the back of the light on a website and it looks like there are at least 5 or 6 wires coming out of there. I know that this is designed to be plugged into a harness but that is not what I want to do with it....
Old 03-06-2018, 10:22 PM   #16
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisC View Post
The problem will most likely be the wires coming out of the light....Looked at the back of the light on a website and it looks like there are at least 5 or 6 wires coming out of there. I know that this is designed to be plugged into a harness but that is not what I want to do with it....
The light has 2 blue wires for the front facing LED’s that light up, two black which are the ground for those, one green and one red wire for the left and right blinker wires, and two ground wires for those. You could wire both blues together, all grounds together and the individual red and green wires to whatever blinker switch you want or leave them unwired.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:53 AM   #17
LouisC
Getting Wild

Quote:
The light has 2 blue wires for the front facing LED’s that light up, two black which are the ground for those, one green and one red wire for the left and right blinker wires, and two ground wires for those. You could wire both blues together, all grounds together and the individual red and green wires to whatever blinker switch you want or leave them unwired.
Thanks, Htownblue....exactly the information I needed....I think I will leave the 2 blinker wires unwired...Can't wait to get started...
Old 03-11-2018, 11:02 AM   #18
LouisC
Getting Wild

Shout Out to Dave Hicks - Got the Light on Friday...Looks great...Will install mid April when I can get the cart home from the campground...If there are specific instructions of how to wire this to a switch it would be appreciated. From looking at it...all ground wires are brought together and heat shrunk to one wire going to the harness connection - also blue wire to bullet connector which when connected to the female gray wire make the light a "Low Beam" (not going to do this) also not going to connect the turn signal lights. Main Light has 3 wires coming out Gray Black and Blue (blue is split one to harness, one to male bullet connector) The orange wire is connected at the harness and goes to a spade connector that goes ???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180311_115343_resized.jpg (155.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-11-2018, 10:48 PM   #19
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Pm me when you get to hooking this up. You also have horn wires coming from the assembly too.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car