lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2018, 04:22 PM   #11
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Pq bandit motor opinions wanted

I have installed a few of PQ Motor’s with great results. As for people say it’s just a stock motor shined up, they have not seen what they put in to them. I’m just not saying it, I have seen it as I live close to them. Robby and Rick go through every motor from top to bottom. They do some upgrade stuff to them, more than a magnet. Great guys to deal with!
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2018, 05:22 PM   #12
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I never meant to put the Bandit motor down by saying it was a polished up, cleaned up stock motor. Remember the engines they have in stock car racers are cleaned up, polished up stock engines. The only think I was disappointed with was it slowed down to much going up hills.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:52 PM   #13
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
I never meant to put the Bandit motor down by saying it was a polished up, cleaned up stock motor. Remember the engines they have in stock car racers are cleaned up, polished up stock engines. The only think I was disappointed with was it slowed down to much going up hills.
If your talking to me, no problem as there are a few motor manufactures out there. I just have been to PQ quite a few times and being a 40 year plus mechanic I’m very impressed with their abilities of what they do these motors.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:27 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
".....cleaned up polished stock engines.'

Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:06 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Lots of electric motorheads can improve a stock motor. I have sent several customers to Chuck at EMP. Chuck can modify any electric motor for more speed or torque and his prices are reasonable. I think there is another outfit in AZ too called Luna who do similar magic.

At the end of the day if you start with a 2.5 hp motor it's not going to pull like a 8-10 hp job but it's going to cost a little less too and it's a great first mod for a lot of cart owners who don't want to dump their cruise money into their golf cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:07 PM   #16
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Even though I do live in Florida I frequently ride the canal ways and go up-and-down small hills and do a lot of off roading. I also take it into the canal ways in the Everglades and will frequent sometimes have for passengers so I'm definitely going to need enough torque to pull that
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:07 PM   #17
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Scuse me the darn speech to text thing doesn't come out very well
Old 03-09-2018, 08:10 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeseman44 View Post
Scuse me the darn speech to text thing doesn't come out very well
No it doesn't, Recent I've caught Surry changing spelling just for the fun of it !?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:23 PM   #19
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Ya idk if the bandit is gonna serve the purpose I need it for lol. I would like 25mph to be close to my #1 keeper cart, And enough torque to pull 2-200lb guys, and a 2-120 lb chickies, light off roading along the canalways, some medium hills.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:19 AM   #20
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

They can do a lot with motor mods, but they still can't do magic. Unfortunately, they are bound by the laws of physics that dictate you can never get more energy out of a system than you put in.

In the end, the amount of energy in is going to be limited by the controller and the wire in the motor windings which I am sure the bandit does not change at that price.

The factory motor systems are somewhat de-tuned at the factory due to government regs and to increase the life of the motor (by keeping heat lower).

They can improve the efficiency of the motor a little and remove the artificial limits placed on it. Beyond that, speed always comes at the expense of torque and vice-versa.

That said, I am ordering a Bandit next week. Still a good deal/product for what it does as long as you do not expect too much
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car