lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #1
Amb3do
Not Yet Wild

Default Spray rig for 2011 precedent

Looking for advice on what I need to do to hook a spray rig up to my cart. Spraying about 5 acres a few times a year for weeds, ants etc. In past I used a 12v sprayer on my mower bc I didn’t have the cart when I first got property. That sprayer got damaged recently and will need to be replaced.

Would love to use the cart instead but I’m not an electrician and don’t know what I need to do/get to make it work. All I know for sure is 12v don’t equal 48v. Thanks all for the advice.
Amb3do is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2018, 07:51 PM   #2
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Spray rig for 2011 precedent

you can always install a 48v to 12v reducer or just do like I do to run my 12v stuff, put a 12v battery in the bag well. I have my cart set up as a hunting buggy and use some rather bright(power hungry) lights for my nightime excursions back in from the woods along with a winch and several other auxiliary lights. I have the battery installed in a plastic tun designed for the particular size battery and have it all tied down so as not to bounce around or bounce out and all the wiring wrapped very good. But mine is more or less set up for permanent placement.
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:54 PM   #3
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

also you would need to consider the power requirements for the sprayer before investing in a converter. I think they usually top out around 20 amps output but I could be way off as I don't have one.
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:20 PM   #4
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Spray rig for 2011 precedent

They do make a 30amp unit but be sure you wire it with heavy cables on the 48v side.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:11 AM   #5
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Here is a post from last year that might give you some more information / options: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-club-car.html
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:37 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

For years I've used the 16 gal sprayer from Northern Tool Co in my electric and gas carts. I strap this down in the cargo bed and run the alligator clips to a 12v battery in the gas cart or a voltage reducer in the electric cart. Works good. This unit has a broadcast sprayer and a 10 ft hose with a handheld nozzle.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #7
Amb3do
Not Yet Wild

Thats the same sprayer I had before that got damaged. How involved is putting a reducer on? If I am looking at the right thing they are $10-15 on Amazon?
Amb3do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:25 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Do not buy a cheap reducer - it won't last an you will end up doing it twice with double the labor and down time.
Get one with an on/off switch connection too
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:38 PM   #9
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

I agree ... a quality converter is a good investment ... I too hate doing things twice ... and twice can be 50 - 100% more costly.

Have a look at http://www.cartsunlimited.net/12v-reducers.html ... they have both 25 and 30 amp converters.

Good quality and reasonable prices ... Carts Unlimited is also a site sponsor of BGW

You will want to wire in all of your existing 12 volt accessories to the converter too.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car