lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2018, 08:37 AM   #1
ecoclayton
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default What is your opinion on buying used?

I am a past owner of a 2002 Ez Go 36v electric that I sold a few years ago when I moved and have been out of the game for a while. I am looking for a golf cart to haul people and stuff to the beach. What are your opinions on what to buy? Electric/gas? Ez Go, Club Car, Yamaha? Will be looking at used for sure. Located in South Florida and am shocked at the prices these days. Thanks
ecoclayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What is your opinion on buying used?

Here's some thoughts: Beach= Club Car because it has aluminum frame. I favor electric but if range is an issue go gas. Electric carts these days will do 20 miles easy. If electric - 48v for sure. EZGO quit 36v carts in 2010 and the others earlier.
I would stay with EZGO, Club Car or Yamaha. No chinese clones or off brands.

If there is a dealer nearby you like maybe go with whatever he carries.

If electric, make sure the cart has new batteries. Don't take anyone's word about how old the batteries are.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:07 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ditto on the No China Junk. (Star, Fairplay, Zone). I am not a tomberlin fan either.

If you go Club car, buy new enough to avoid the models with a OBC for charging, it's a "every 2 or 3 year hassle".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:41 PM   #4
Papayamoo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bought my used a couple of months ago and so far no regrets. I had to find my through private sale as the golf cart dealers around here all seems to be selling the same thing at the same price. Their inventory they have would range from 2 to 5 years old mostly and for something basic it would be $6,000 to $4,000 depends on the age of the batteries and then add accessories on top of it. I ended up with a perfectly preserved 2005 EZGo Freedom TXT with windshield, lights, backseats and turn signals and year old Trojan batteries for $2K. While the age of the cart has me somewhat concerned but so far it’s been fantastic! So, depends on how big of a rush you are in to get a golf cart, if you shop around for it, you should be able to find something that’s good and fits your needs.
Papayamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:02 PM   #5
Jmzvet
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I knew absolutely nothing about carts and got lucky when I bought mine off an old guy who used it in a parade once a year. I drove it and it seemed ok so I bought it. Since then I've been completely through it and cant believe how clean it is. I'm a fan of buying most things used.
Jmzvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:12 PM   #6
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you're handy you can buy one cheap and fix it up to your liking and come out a little cheaper. I got a beater cart for almost nothing and put quite a few hours into fixing it up. My labor basically paid for upgrades like a controller, motor, and custom paint job. The info I've gotten from the guys on this forum has been invaluable. Just my .02
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:30 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I agree with CG and kernel.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:41 PM   #8
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I wanted something more like an UTV, with good power. I understand the gas engines better. And the Honda V-twin is super reliable. When I was searching, I looked for terms like IFS, roll cage, Honda, lifted, etc. Back then carts like that were being built pretty often in areas like Socal & AZ. And Uship made it easy to get.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 04:45 AM   #9
ecoclayton
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the input. For some reason I always liked the looks of the Ez Go better, but I like the idea of the aluminum frame on the Club Car for salt resistance. Distance won't be a problem so I will probably stick with electric.
ecoclayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO