lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2018, 02:15 PM   #1
revan0202
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart runs then cuts out.

I have an ‘06 club car precedent 48v. When I step on the pedal and then let up a little just to slow the cart, it will cut out and there will be 6 or 7 beeps then the beeping will stop. This is when I am driving th cart. If I am just lightly hitting the pedal to just get the cart to move it will cut out every time but doesn’t give any beeps. I have to release the pedal fully before the cart will go again. It does the same thing when in reverse. I have already changed out the solenoid. Checked the wires baron the solenoid, the tow switch, the barrier and the key switch. Oh and the f/r switch. Any suggestions???

Thanks
revan0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2018, 02:33 PM   #2
jwhite9156
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart runs then cuts out.

I have a 05 club car precedent 48v experiencing the very same issue except I don't hear any beeps. Maybe I don't hear any beeps because I disconnected my reverse buzzer. I hope that we get some good direction soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
jwhite9156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

2 things it could be since you both have SepEx carts; it sounds like your MCOR as if it drops out and you are rolling the "Roll-Away" alarm is sounding to let you know your cart is rolling without being engaged. There is an outside chance it could be your speed sensor, but that would be 2nd to the MCOR.

MCOR Test:
Unplug the two pin connector from the MCOR (under the floor and connected to a linkage from the pedal) and jump out the connector with a paper clip or a small piece of wire. It will be a blue wire and green wire connector. If it runs with the jumper in place, your MCOR has failed. Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors

Speed Sensor Test:
(With the carts Run/Tow switch in the "Run" position and brake Off) Push the vehicle manually forwards or backwards for several feet. The "Roll-Away" brake should become active and you would feel resistance to the movement along with multiple beeping from the reverse buzzer. If you do not get beeping and resistance, your speed sensor has failed and needs to be replaced. Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/motors
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #4
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Quote:
There is an outside chance it could be your speed sensor
saved me the trouble of a new thread. have a new speed sensor coming from tahoedawg, just noticed it also drops power. let of the go pedal and re-engage to go. thanks nole

revan0202: my 03 ds is also in safe mode with a max speed of 8 mph, another indication of bad speed sensor
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ogre View Post
saved me the trouble of a new thread. have a new speed sensor coming from tahoedawg, just noticed it also drops power. let of the go pedal and re-engage to go. thanks Nole
You are getting it from the right place, those ebay/amazon ones are cheap junk!
Old 05-19-2018, 09:37 PM   #6
revan0202
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone for the help. My cart is at my camper so I will test it after I go back out there. Probably next weekend. I may go get it tomorrow so I can play with it over the week.
revan0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:06 AM   #7
jwhite9156
Not Yet Wild

I performed both tests. Cart runs with jumper in place so MCOR is bad. Reverse buzzer sounds when manually pushing the cart so speed sensor is good. Thanks for the troubleshooting tips, I was ready to pull out my hair trying to figure out what was wrong

Old 05-20-2018, 11:11 AM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Glad it worked out. Just be sure to order from a quality source...
Old 05-20-2018, 02:07 PM   #9
jwhite9156
Not Yet Wild

Ordered from Revolution Golf Cars.

Old 05-20-2018, 02:55 PM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite9156 View Post
Ordered from Revolution Golf Cars.
Perfect!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car