lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2018, 05:00 PM   #21
revan0202
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart runs then cuts out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Put the jumper back in and retest that blue wire. With the key on, in Fwd, and Go Pedal depressed, you should get ~48vdc (or pack voltage) as that is your positive activation to the solenoid.

If you do have it this time, the MCOR microswitch is bad and that is when the jumper bypassed.

Red lead to the blue wire (with it removed from the solenoid) and the black lead to the main pack negative.
Ok I redid the test with the jumper in place. At the end of the battery pack I am not getting any voltage. If I move over one battery I get 37v. I am getting 48v when I check the whole battery pack. If I move the meter to the negative instead of the positive I get 48v.

When I remove the solenoid lead I am getting 48v. From the end of the battery pack.

I have no idea what is going on.
revan0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2018, 07:05 PM   #22
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Look at this pictorial... Yours should be hooked up similar (without the fuse)

The "+" should be going to your solenoid and the "-" should be going through your OBC and to the controller.

NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:44 AM   #23
revan0202
Not Yet Wild

Yes that is what I have. I have 0v at the solenoid but 37 when I move over one battery. I get 48 volts from the pack so the batteries are fine.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:07 PM   #24
revan0202
Not Yet Wild

well i went ahead and ordered a speed controller. the one that goes onto the motor. after installing it the cart seems to be working the right way. i will have to run it some to make sure. i hope that fixed my problem.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:02 PM   #25
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Sounds like you replaced the speed sensor, and if that did it, great, but that was some unusual circumstances around it with how it was acting....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car