lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2018, 08:44 PM   #1
SFAJeff
Not Yet Wild

Default No Brakes - 2009 Tomberlin E4

Have not had any issues with the brakes until now. Stopped at a stop sign and brakes felt a little spongy, but the cart stopped. Went to slow down to turn into my alley and the brake pedal went straight to the floor. Zero brakes at all.

I first tried bleeding the brakes using the directions in the service bulletin (I have done this before when I first bought the cart because it had 5000 miles and I wanted to put in new fluid). Went through the procedure multiple times (5 quarts of dot 4 through the system) with no change. Pedal just goes straight to the floor.

Next I tried using a vacuum bleeder. Still no change, pedal to the floor.

Last I replaced the brake master cylinder and tried the whole bleeding procedure again. No change, pedal to the floor.

I am stumped. Anyone have anything else I should check? Anything else to try?
SFAJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2018, 05:52 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: No Brakes - 2009 Tomberlin E4

Leaking rear wheel cylinders is the most common issue. Ive never seen a master cylinder go bad yet.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:02 PM   #3
SFAJeff
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Leaking rear wheel cylinders is the most common issue. Ive never seen a master cylinder go bad yet.
We have a winner. This was the culprit, thanks!
SFAJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:37 PM   #4
flacab23
Not Yet Wild

Hello, Brake pedal was going to the floor and I noticed front brakes were almost done. Changed them and pedal still going to the floor. No leaking in front or back and fluid is still full. Think I might have the first bad master cylinder lol. No pressure at pedal. e-brake stops the cart just fine thank god lol.
flacab23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:40 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacab23 View Post
Hello, Brake pedal was going to the floor and I noticed front brakes were almost done. Changed them and pedal still going to the floor. No leaking in front or back and fluid is still full. Think I might have the first bad master cylinder lol. No pressure at pedal. e-brake stops the cart just fine thank god lol.
I doubt it. You need to bleed through the brakes. If there is an color to the brake fluid, it will help to change it out.
Bleed brakes, youll be fine.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin