lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2018, 08:27 AM   #1
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2Five Torque Question

I bought a 2014 2Five yesterday from a gentleman in Austin TX. When loading it up into my truck, it kind of ran out of oomph(don't know if that's the technical term. lol) going up my ramps. My RXV had the programming tweaked and would climb right up with no issues. I know the 2Five is RXV based so is it something programming would help? It also dawned on me this morning I was in rabbit mode when I did it. Would turtle mode have given me more ability to climb or torque? I've got access to a handheld but really don't want to go playing around in there as I'm not that familiar with the LSV's programming. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I'm attaching a couple pictures of it below. Really nice cart overall, but I'm not a fan of the wheels and tires, so will be going with something else. The ones on it are only a month old (still have nubbies) but just aren't my cup of tea. I'll be putting them in the classified section when I decide what I want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1393.jpg (761.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1394.jpg (742.3 KB, 0 views)
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2018, 10:00 AM   #2
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2Five Torque Question

My 2Five doesn’t love going up steep trailer ramps either.

I did notice that if you stop mid ramp it doesn’t want get going again. But if you don’t stop mid ramp It will go right up.

So, I usually creep up to the ramp and then go up without stopping and that works for me.

BTW: Turtle and rabbit life makes no difference on mine.
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:21 AM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The gear ratio of the 2Five is numerically lower than the RXV, so it is less tolerant to larger tires. Essentually, you ran out of torque to move it up the ramps. Best bet is to go with smaller tires, and we can do some programming tweaks to it if you want it to perform better. Like the RXV, it is capable of more than the settings it comes programmed with. As mentioned, the rabbit/turtle switch has no effect on torque. It's kinda like a Freedom mode switch, Speed 1 vs Speed 2. Torque is governed by motor current settings and final gear ratio.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply. I already had it on the ground when I thought about the turtle mode. I didn't want to try and get stuck halfway up. My RXV would just go right on up. I did the same basic throttle position with the 2Five and it stopped halfway up.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:50 AM   #5
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
The gear ratio of the 2Five is numerically lower than the RXV, so it is less tolerant to larger tires. Essentually, you ran out of torque to move it up the ramps. Best bet is to go with smaller tires, and we can do some programming tweaks to it if you want it to perform better. Like the RXV, it is capable of more than the settings it comes programmed with. As mentioned, the rabbit/turtle switch has no effect on torque. It's kinda like a Freedom mode switch, Speed 1 vs Speed 2. Torque is governed by motor current settings and final gear ratio.

Bob
Hi Bob. The tires on it are actually a little smaller than the OEM's already. You had walked me through some tweaks on my RXV like acceleration and such a while back, but it was already freedom mode and there was only so much we could so with it long distance. I'm going camping this week and the real tell will be it climbing the ramp on my toy hauler. It's not quite the angle I tried yesterday. Hopefully it will make it up there. If not, I'll see what settings you would recommend. Thanks. John
Old 07-02-2018, 11:35 AM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

It's not something that I can walk you through remotely. It'll take the laptop with Development level programming software to get into the high level settings. You can detune from a lower access level, but cannot access the higher level settings that we max out. It's good that the tires are smaller, did not look like it from the photos. You'll want to be at or close to stock tire size with the 2Five, since it already has higher speed gears from the factory. They also did not come with a limited slip differential since braking is not strictly regen. Are you camping nearby?
Old 07-02-2018, 11:46 AM   #7
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No. We are going to south Mississippi this weekend. I'll let you know after this weekend whether it's working or not. Thanks again for your help and guidance.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:15 PM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Oh ok, didn't know if you were gonna be close to home. Have a good time!

My old friend in Clearwater passed on June 17th, was not told until today. I would go to the funeral but it'll be in upstate NY where most of his kids and grandkids live. At least I was able to present him with his presidential medal in person before he passed.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:49 PM   #9
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm glad you made it in time, Bob.
Buggieman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:14 AM   #10
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, cart went up toy hauler ramp just fine, so I'm all good. It ran extremely well on the trip. I'm quite impressed with how solid it felt on the road. The 4 wheel disc brakes also work well. I ordered a Sony Bluetooth speaker for it and a few minor things to "make it my own".
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO