lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2018, 11:14 PM   #1
Foscho88
Not Yet Wild

Default Steering wheel sideways

Cart drives fine but steering wheel sits sideways when driving straight. Seems like wheels turn sharper to the right than the left when turned all the way.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Foscho88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2018, 12:44 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Steering wheel sideways

Jack the front end up and center the wheels. Then turn all the way right and then all the way left, counting the rotations both ways. If it is only slightly off, you can probably adjust it out. If it is way off, it will require a lot more work to correct it. (And while it is up, check the retaining bolt on the shaft knuckle and make sure it is not loose.)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:32 PM   #3
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

read the sticky http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...alignment.html
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #4
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sorry to threadjack, but the steering wheel can't just be removed and moved over a few splines?

Mine has the same issue but it tracks straight. I thought about removing it and just moving it over. I'll leave it if I have to realign it.
brett92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #5
jhanson999
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett92 View Post
Sorry to threadjack, but the steering wheel can't just be removed and moved over a few splines?

Mine has the same issue but it tracks straight. I thought about removing it and just moving it over. I'll leave it if I have to realign it.
Yes, just pop off the cover and remove the nut. Will take some effort to remove the wheel but the stock wheels don't usually require a puller. Might have to do some fine adjustment via the tie rods but usually not much.
jhanson999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:24 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Pulling the steering wheel off and moving it will not correct the gear box turning ratio. If it is off, as described by the OP in his post, there is only one way to correct that....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:10 PM   #7
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is this something that just happened all of a sudden, or has it been a gradual change? Reason I ask is that tie rods don’t just mysteriously get out of adjustment. Therefore, if it has been a gradual change there is a good chance your bushings, king pins or tie rods have worn out causing the alignment to become out of whack slowly over time.

If it was a sudden change, would indicate something either became bent from an impact of some sort, or a worn bushing was spit out. Or possibly even the rack jumped a tooth or two. But I would think that’s fairly unlikely.

Either way, I’d start by inspecting all of the front suspension for worn parts before touching the alignment.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car