lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2018, 08:23 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 Marathon Ressitor getting hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
They don't call them "TOASTER CARTS" for nothing!!
Frakin' Toasters.

Sorry, just watched reruns of BSG.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2018, 08:26 PM   #12
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosa View Post
Most definitely possible. I came home one day to find the state forestry department plowing a fire lane in my yard. I had told my wife to drive it wide open, but she forgot and drove it real slow for a long time while looking at pine straw. Set the woods on fire and burnt up. the motor. She still hears about that one.

I was driving an ‘88 resistor cart a couple years ago and I burned some grass too.... and some cables- and my fingers- oh yeah, and the motor!

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:43 AM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Lol, had a "solenoid welded" resistor cart driven into and parked in the shop once. Parked just above a air hose. Got so hot the air hose exploded below it.... Then it was "air cooled".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:08 AM   #14
coosa
Gone Wild

Another time when I was moving it in the yard of the cabin the wiper caught on the worn board and it took off wide open and I couldn't stop it. I first spent all my attention on avoiding my truck and just didn't have time to avoid the cabin. I got on the brakes hard but they weren't good enough to stop it. It caught the cabin a glancing blow and put a nice hole in the exterior plywood wall. I cut a 2'x2' patch and covered it. It looks like a service entrance for something, but there's nothing there. If anyone ever asks what it is for, I tell them it is a memorial to resistor cart technology.

If anyone is still running one after reading all this, call Scotty and get a conversion kit. :)
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:41 AM   #15
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosa View Post
Another time when I was moving it in the yard of the cabin the wiper caught on the worn board and it took off wide open and I couldn't stop it. I first spent all my attention on avoiding my truck and just didn't have time to avoid the cabin. I got on the brakes hard but they weren't good enough to stop it. It caught the cabin a glancing blow and put a nice hole in the exterior plywood wall. I cut a 2'x2' patch and covered it. It looks like a service entrance for something, but there's nothing there. If anyone ever asks what it is for, I tell them it is a memorial to resistor cart technology.

If anyone is still running one after reading all this, call Scotty and get a conversion kit. :)

We no longer have a brick fence by the driveway thanks to a welded V-glide. That’s the same day I called Scotty.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO