lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2018, 05:03 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Xct400 error code

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick101 View Post
Does the pre charge resistor need to be hooked upped on the new Solenoid? I thought I read that it didn’t need to be. I checked the 4 pin plug all seems to be good. Just drove the cart yesterday and it acted upped, I turned the key off and back on it was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The voltage that pre-charges the filter capacitors in a XCT48400-TXT48 comes in via Pin-9 and no pre-charge resistor is needed on the solenoid.

However, there should be a diode (6A 660V) connected between the solenoid's large terminals to prevent the controller from getting spiked with high voltage if the solenoid contacts open during regen braking. The banded end of this diode connects to the solenoid's battery side large terminal. This is in addition to the diode between the solenoid's small terminals.

When the cart misbehaves, check the voltage on Pin-5 and Pin-9. Both should have battery pack voltage as long as the Run/Tow switch is in Run and no charger is connected to cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2018, 06:11 PM   #12
stick101
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Xct400 error code

Ok, I have the diodes in place. I will check that voltage when it acts up again. Thank you for the info JohnnieB.
stick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO