lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2018, 05:08 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Unknown issue on 98 ezgo

Since money is "valuable", you should really buy all of them at once, to really get your money's worth. Buying two per month will result in all of them failing at the same time, which short changes four of your six batteries.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2018, 07:51 PM   #12
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Battery pack is only as good as it’s weakest battery. Granted buying new batteries is probably the biggest expense owning an electric cart but if you can not afford to change them all. Let cart rest until you can. Not to sound harsh but that if fact owning electric carts.Been there done that. Unless you can find good used batteries of same age, do not mix new with old, it will only damage new batteries.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:59 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Hey, if you wanna mix & match used batteries, go for it, you are only risking used batteries (low cost). But mixing new and used batteries is something I don't recommend, too much money is at risk with not much to gain over playing "mix & match game" with used batteries.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:08 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Hey, if you wanna mix & match used batteries, go for it, you are only risking used batteries (low cost). But mixing new and used batteries is something I don't recommend, too much money is at risk with not much to gain over playing "mix & match game" with used batteries.
I agree.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:14 PM   #15
berniealan578
Not Yet Wild

I appreciate all advice and I will find a way to replace all the batteries at the same time. I did not know, or realize it was that important to change all of them at the same time. And like I said earlier, this is my first cart and I'm still working on the learning curve. Just wasn't sure if it was battery trouble, or a motor getting weak. I did however, know enough to ask folks like you guys before I just started throwing money at it. I do appreciate all of you and your advice. I just hope it isn't a weak motor too. Wish me luck... And thanks again!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
berniealan578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:22 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

When you replace them, shop around. You may find it's worth it to drive an hour or so, to save big $$. Also, look at the date stamps on the batteries, and make sure they're all new. Finally, read up on battery's amp-hour ratings vs. make/model. In general, you should try and buy the most "lead" you can afford. That not only gives you longer run time, but by keeping their state of charge higher, you'll get more useful life out of them.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO