lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Difference between 90’s and +2000 rear flip seats...

Hello all this is my first post on this site but have got a lot of info on it over the past year or so!

Anyway I am sprucing up my old club car, a 1991, have had for an couple years now and one of the things I need is a new rear seat. It has a rear seat now but the frame is rusted through in more than one spot and I don’t want to pay full price for a new one because I’m getting custom seats done for it. I have found a good deal on a brand new one where a guy accidentally bought a club car seat but he has a Precedent. He said it’s for a 2000 or newer club car.

My question is what is the difference in the seats between the older and newer seats? I know the roof supports are different in the back but I think I could work with that. Is there anything else to be aware of where the +2000 seat wouldn’t work on my 91?

Thanks!
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2018, 09:07 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Difference between 90’s and +2000 rear flip seats...

The roof supports is the only difference, because the tops are different.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:03 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Difference between 90’s and +2000 rear flip seats...

The front and rear roof supports are totally different. The seats and seatback assembly module are different as well. The ICS (Integrated Canopy System) was released mid-year through 2000. They are easily identifiable by the black powdercoated roof supports, and single seat-back design.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:16 PM   #4
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I went ahead and bought it. The roof supports are different but it appears like my supports will bolt right up with the new flip seat. The seat backs are different and the plates that they bolt too look different as well. My cart has the double seat backs, which I can’t stand, and we were going to replace them with a single seat back anyway but it looks like the brackets will still bolt right up to the cart and if that’s the case I will just get the seat backs from a newer model and reupholster those ones.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:37 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

If you are going to do all that, just get the new style roof supports. They will bolt right up. Also, you can then put the newer style (front) single seat back on it.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:51 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Also, the old style roof will work but you will have to drill some holes.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #7
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Everything went great on the installation and it came with the new style roof supports, I didn't even need to drill holes and everything lined up. As a bonus I was able to take the old seat back off my rusted out rear seat and use it to replace the dual cushions back rests for the front seat.

The only thing I didn't really like about this new one, and they may all be like this now, is that the foot rest sits lower by a couple inches than the old one. On my old one the foot rest sat above where the bumper would have been and the new one sits below it. My wife says its a more comfortable ride but I am worried I'm gonna bottom out when I take it up and down the ramps to get it on the truck the old one came pretty close. I did put heavy duty springs in this weekend as well so hopefully that will help out.

Tags
club car, rear seat
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car