lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2018, 08:00 AM   #21
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Another charger ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRINER View Post
Just had mine delivered last night,I will try it out today after work. It looks good and it does have a float mode
I've been saying that all along.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2018, 08:54 AM   #22
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I've been saying that all along.
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:40 AM   #23
SHRINER
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well tried it last night, it looks like a yewey with a few more lights and modes. I tried it on my 12Volt accessory battery, and it run thorough its cycles and went into float mode at 13.2v. I will try it at other volts over the Holiday. so far it is a good investment.
SHRINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:18 AM   #24
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRINER View Post
well tried it last night, it looks like a yewey with a few more lights and modes. I tried it on my 12Volt accessory battery, and it run thorough its cycles and went into float mode at 13.2v. I will try it at other volts over the Holiday. so far it is a good investment.
That sounds good to me. I wish we had some feedback on charging a pack, but I’m going to give it a try. Thanks for posting the information
Old 11-21-2018, 10:17 AM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The charger listed in post #1 would be a good shop charger - good for service calls and quick charges.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
Selectable high and low charge rates (H/L 12V/24V: 30A/10A; 36V: 25A/10A; 48V: 15A/7A)

This charger does not give a complete charge algorithm needed for 100% healthy Lead acid battery pack. It is more of a jump or bulk charger which is why I say it's great for a service application where you are looking to start a dead pack.
The Yewy 1200z with it's 20 amp 48v peak and full algorithm with continuous float is a more complete charge which will extend the performance and useful life of the batteries
We have the Yewy 1200z made to our specifications after asking Trojan Battery and Lester Electronics what the ideal charge for the majority of batteries would be. I does give pack voltage/time of charge/ and amps replenished in the LCD screen

I'm not saying it's a bad charger - I'm saying it should not be your only charger. I bought one for the ranch. Should be good for jump starting tractors, carts, whatever. Lightweight too. Beats the old tow around floor charger.

While on Amazon I found a very versatile solar charger too. We are building a tractor shed which will have solar panels on the roof and I want to be able to maintain all the batteries in the various machines. This charger can do Lithium or LA
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #26
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The charger listed in post #1 would be a good shop charger - good for service calls and quick charges.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
Selectable high and low charge rates (H/L 12V/24V: 30A/10A; 36V: 25A/10A; 48V: 15A/7A)

This charger does not give a complete charge algorithm needed for 100% healthy Lead acid battery pack. It is more of a jump or bulk charger which is why I say it's great for a service application where you are looking to start a dead pack.
The Yewy 1200z with it's 20 amp 48v peak and full algorithm with continuous float is a more complete charge which will extend the performance and useful life of the batteries
We have the Yewy 1200z made to our specifications after asking Trojan Battery and Lester Electronics what the ideal charge for the majority of batteries would be. I does give pack voltage/time of charge/ and amps replenished in the LCD screen

I'm not saying it's a bad charger - I'm saying it should not be your only charger. I bought one for the ranch. Should be good for jump starting tractors, carts, whatever. Lightweight too. Beats the old tow around floor charger.

While on Amazon I found a very versatile solar charger too. We are building a tractor shed which will have solar panels on the roof and I want to be able to maintain all the batteries in the various machines. This charger can do Lithium or LA
If I was to use this charger as my only charger for my cart, would it shorten the life of my batteries, as well as not allow peak performance?
Old 11-21-2018, 07:07 PM   #27
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70oldsracer View Post
If I was to use this charger as my only charger for my cart, would it shorten the life of my batteries, as well as not allow peak performance?
I had a look at the Tripp-Lite website and downloaded the owners manual for this charger.

It is a 3 stage charger (bulk charge - constant current, absorption charge - constant voltage and finish charge - constant voltage). In addition, it has a float charge after reaching a full charge. These are all good features.

The 48 volt charging range is 40 - 60 volts.
The Average Charging Voltage at the 48 volt setting is 56.5 volts.
The Floating Charging Voltage at the 48 volt setting is 53.2 volts.

These are lower voltages than specified for Trojan batteries (shown below as an example).

The one thing that this charger does NOT profess to be is a Smart Charger with advanced delta V / delta T charging controls, like some of the high tech chargers have. Perhaps is does have this technology, but I was not able to find it documented on their website or in the owners manual.

A great feature of this charger (for those who require) it is the multiple voltage settings.

But as the primary charger for your expensive lead acid battery pack, I personally would buy a charger that set up for your battery specifications.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trojan Charger Voltage Settings - 2015.JPG (55.7 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:12 AM   #28
SHRINER
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree with scotty, I bought this charger as a back up because it has all the voltages of the carts I own, also the 12v I use for my lights. I have a DPi and a Yewey for my main chargers.
SHRINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO