lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #1
JMatlock
Not Yet Wild

Cool 99 DS series F/R switch install problems

I went to install a HD F/R switch in 99CCDS. The switch looked identical to the one I took out (BU#5774). I got everything hooked up identical schematically to the OG switch and when I went to re-connect the batteries I was getting serious sparks on the negative hookup (positive hooked up first). I then re installed the OG F/R switch and was able to get it all back together. Wondering what is causing the sparking? Also wondering in the new F/R switch can fix the problem of reverse not working.

Background:
The reverse hasnt worked for a while. This is the 3rd piece of an upgrade I am doing. Step 1, I installed a D&D Club Car Motor: 19 mph + 10% Torque (Part # 170-002-0002). BUT, I did not get more torque, in fact it wouldnt move when you hit the pedal unless it was flat or downhill, I would rate it as 0 torque. Step 2, I decide to install a new P125M-5603 500A 36V/48V DC Motor Controller. After controller hooked up, everything was fine, but F/R wires seemed hot, and the reverse still wasnt working, so I decided to install the F/R switch and that lead me to here....
JMatlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2018, 01:20 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 99 DS series F/R switch install problems

Did reverse work before you installed the new motor?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:30 PM   #3
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

What do you mean f/r wires getting hot off the switch?
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:57 PM   #4
JMatlock
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for the delayed response, the reverse switch stopped working before the new motor went in. It actually stopped working after I had pressure washed the cart. If I remember correctly it started working again at one point, but definitely never worked with new motor.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:02 PM   #5
JMatlock
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for the delayed response. The first ride I took with the new motor and contoller the wires in the vicinity of the F/R switch felt warm when I stopped. I assumed this just proved i needed to beef up the F/R switch.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:08 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatlock View Post
Sorry for the delayed response. The first ride I took with the new motor and controller the wires in the vicinity of the F/R switch felt warm when I stopped. I assumed this just proved i needed to beef up the F/R switch.
Look at your cables, too.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car