lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2018, 10:53 PM   #1
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Tail light and reverse light bar

I was behind a truck today running those light strip just above the bumper that has a brake light/ turn signals. I was thinking about visibility and how my rain cover kinda covers up the back lights. I was thinking about installing one on the back end of the canopy making sure brake lights and turn signals are obvious. I also like the idea of reverse lights. All the looking showed most at 60". So after some searching I finally found one at 36".

https://www.ledunderbody.com/36-inch...hoCBFUQAvD_BwE

Has anyone done something like this before? I wonder if the reverse lights are bright at all and how to wire them in. I have this brand of lights as my under glow lights and have been happy with them.
bospider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2018, 10:22 PM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Tail light and reverse light bar

It’s simple....use a relay off the buzzer and a 12v input into the relay and output to the light. Ground light to Buss bar ground. Use buzzer voltage to trigger relay and send 12v to reverse LED’s. Or make 12v switched reverse light. As for the brake LED’s, splice into the voltage from the brake lights currently according to blinker and lights and brake lights depending on your set up.
Not a difficult project. You’ll have more trouble mounting the lights than wiring them.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:55 AM   #3
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
It’s simple....use a relay off the buzzer and a 12v input into the relay and output to the light. Ground light to Buss bar ground. Use buzzer voltage to trigger relay and send 12v to reverse LED’s. Or make 12v switched reverse light. As for the brake LED’s, splice into the voltage from the brake lights currently according to blinker and lights and brake lights depending on your set up.
Not a difficult project. You’ll have more trouble mounting the lights than wiring them.
Thanks! Ive been tossing around this idea or just two 4" LED pods on a switch for reversing. I may go for a version that just does brake and turn signals and use the pods for when I back up at night.

We still gotta get together for a beer.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:07 PM   #4
LouisC
Getting Wild

I've done the back-up lights....with LED lights and they work great...Plenty of light
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180508_061722_resized.jpg (179.6 KB, 0 views)
LouisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 02:27 AM   #5
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Flush mount is a nice touch. I was just going to get pods that I can manipulate. I like by how clean yours looks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car