lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2018, 09:05 PM   #1
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Sloooooooowwww up hill with the 23s

O *** the precedent really lost the torque with the 6’’ lift and 23s. Going up a mild but long hill I thought I was going to have to get out and push it. I definitely need a motor to get torque back. Now that the cart is the way i want it (6’’ lift, 23’’ tires, and 500A controller) is should be a easy decision. I was dead set in the 7144 but now i am thinking the executioner so i can tell Robby what i am looking to get out of it. The way the cart is set up he might recommend a torque motor I don’t know. But at least i will be done searching for the right motor. I have till Monday to change my mind. My second choice would be the mot 4 I really need the torque back. Being a UTV owner for many years I guess I didn’t understand the power loss from tires i went from 25s to 27s on my first rhino 660 and I really didn’t even notice any power loss. I guess 30hp compared to 3hp is the difference here. Thanks for reading still looking for options. Jerry
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2018, 09:01 AM   #2
mustangless
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Sloooooooowwww up hill with the 23s

I went with a 7144 after my pq bandit got burned up (hard life probably my fault).

It seemed to do no better than my pq. It would not go up an incline from a stop.

Put a 400 amp controller on it. Have not had any problems with hills. Can't day it will do 25 on flat and 25 up a hill because I have not tested the speed. It does slow down some but not anywhere near stopping.

I had never used a pq executioner or mot4 so I can't comment. The 7144 is a torque and speed motor so if you are not that concerned with speed there are more torquey motors.
mustangless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:21 AM   #3
Dlab
Gone Wild

Default Re: Sloooooooowwww up hill with the 23s

I have the 7114, Series Motor, and it does everything I need. Mine is used for hunting, 22” Swamp Lites, 2 gauge cables, 500 Alltrax, ect ect. It runs 21-24 on the pavement, have seen 26 on a long down hill stretch. But for my purposes itll spin the tires through a mud hole, and climb any hill I’ve dared it to. Been really impressed with it.
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car