lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2018, 09:23 PM   #11
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2014 Precedent Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Test your solenoid before you replace it. Tap it with a block of wood with the key off and see if you can feel it release.. Check for conuity after you remove large cables. If it dose not show open it is welded.
Will do! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
CoiloverCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2018, 11:08 PM   #12
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Use a small hammer to tap solenoid when in tow mode and key off. See if you hear it click. Might dislodge it and get you some temp usage while awaiting a replacement to arrive. Only problem is accessing the solenoid to do said test with batteries in it. Access panel and rear controller cover are easiest option most likely.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:10 PM   #13
twilliams81
Gone Wild

9 times out of 10 it's gonna be a speed sensor and that's alot easier to change out than a solenoid.
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:11 PM   #14
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilliams81 View Post
9 times out of 10 it's gonna be a speed sensor and that's alot easier to change out than a solenoid.
The sensor test is testing good though? It beeps and slows itself. Could it still be bad?

Old 01-02-2019, 01:13 PM   #15
twilliams81
Gone Wild

It's still possible yes and it takes less than 5 min to swap out and see if it's indeed the problem.
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:02 AM   #16
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiloverCarts View Post
The sensor test is testing good though? It beeps and slows itself. Could it still be bad?
Did you check the magnet like I suggested?? Hopefully you did.

Here is the correct way to formerly test the speed sensor in detail:
With a DVM, place the black (–) probe on the battery main pack Negative post and place the red (+) probe on the green wire between the 3-pin connector and the motor speed sensor. Raise one rear wheel off ground. Slowly turn the rear wheel to rotate the motor armature. As the armature rotates, the voltage reading should alternate from 0vdc to approximately 4.85vdc. The voltage reading will fluctuate from zero to 4.85vdc and back to zero four times for each revolution of the motor armature. (The voltage reading of 4.85vdc is an approximate reading; the actual reading may vary from 4.50vdc to 5.00vdc). Replace the speed sensor if there is no voltage reading, voltage reading is not above 3.50vdc, or the voltage reading does not fluctuate as the motor is turned.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:36 AM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since this is an Excel cart I would also think it is related to the Solenoid contacts sticking, specially if the cart only slows down after you release the pedal and try to go again instead of while you are driving at full speed.

An easier way to test if the Solenoid is stuck on that Precedent is to measure the voltage on Motor post A1 (stock green cable).

When the cart is stuck in low speed, measure the voltage on that post, if it is the same as your pack voltage, the solenoid is stuck.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:18 AM   #18
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Did you check the magnet like I suggested?? Hopefully you did.

Here is the correct way to formerly test the speed sensor in detail:

With a DVM, place the black (–) probe on the battery main pack Negative post and place the red (+) probe on the green wire between the 3-pin connector and the motor speed sensor. Raise one rear wheel off ground. Slowly turn the rear wheel to rotate the motor armature. As the armature rotates, the voltage reading should alternate from 0vdc to approximately 4.85vdc. The voltage reading will fluctuate from zero to 4.85vdc and back to zero four times for each revolution of the motor armature. (The voltage reading of 4.85vdc is an approximate reading; the actual reading may vary from 4.50vdc to 5.00vdc). Replace the speed sensor if there is no voltage reading, voltage reading is not above 3.50vdc, or the voltage reading does not fluctuate as the motor is turned.
I have not yet. I'm s UPS drivee by day so it's still a little crazy for me. [emoji12]

I will get at it either tonight or this weekend and report back! Thanks again!!

Old 01-04-2019, 08:18 AM   #19
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Since this is an Excel cart I would also think it is related to the Solenoid contacts sticking, specially if the cart only slows down after you release the pedal and try to go again instead of while you are driving at full speed.

An easier way to test if the Solenoid is stuck on that Precedent is to measure the voltage on Motor post A1 (stock green cable).

When the cart is stuck in low speed, measure the voltage on that post, if it is the same as your pack voltage, the solenoid is stuck.
I will check that also if the speed sensor doesn't fix it. Thanks!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car