lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
jersey92
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default speed issue

has anyone found the proper way to increase the speed on a 2014 clubcar precident, serial number beginning with JE ?
jersey92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2019, 11:22 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: speed issue

You either need:
  • Dealer to purchase and program it to speed code 4.
  • Send Your motor to plumquick for a "PH Bandit" makeover.
  • Buy a new Controller where You can do whatever you want.

It all depends on what you want to do with your cart (nothing else, lift, bigger tires,etc) and the type of terrain you will be driving.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #3
jersey92
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for your reply. my cart is lifted with a custom body and has 6-8volt trojan batteries that are a year old as is the motor. It is currently running at 16mph. I'm not sure what speed code that would be, but I'm looking to get a speed of 22 to 25>
Old 01-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

What motor did you get?

A new alltrax Controller is probably the best option if You already have a good motor.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:22 PM   #5
jersey92
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

the motor is a factory club car ADC installed by my dealer
Old 01-03-2019, 03:23 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Any particular reason why You just bought another OEM motor if You wanted more performance?

If you already had the lift and bigger tires Your local dealer should have given you better advice, specially since the OEM motor may have cost more than a performance motor...

Your best bet is to purchase a new Alltrax Controller like the XCT 500 amps.

Your stock motor may have the horsepower to get the speed you want on level road, but if not, that controller will work with any other performance motor you need.

Check with the site sponsors for a Controller and new Solenoid as well since the stock one is not very robust for high performance.

At the very least you also need to upgrade the cables from controller to motor A1 and A2 posts to 4ga or 2ga as they will have more current passing through them.

The other battery cables can wait until you get a new motor, just set the controller battery amps to 300 amps.

Of course you can change all cables now if your budget allows.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:09 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Any Alltrax XCT controller should get you in the 22 MPH range by itself, but 25 is going to be a stretch unless you put a motor on it too. Are you using the cart in hilly terrain or is it primarily flat? Either way, there is a package that will get you what you're trying to achieve.

The Alltrax XCT300 controller is a decent little upgrade. It gives you much more freedom to tune the cart like you want as opposed to the factory controller. You'll be able to set your own RPM limits within the free Alltrax software. With a factory motor you'll see speeds around 22 MPH on factory sized tires.

The Alltrax XCT400 will need to installed with a minimum of a 4 gauge cable set throughout the power delivery system of the car, along with a heavy duty solenoid (200 amp). This will net you the same speed as the 300 amp controller, but with much more torque.

The Alltrax XCT500 controller is not to be used with the factory motor unless you turn down the power output to 400 amps. This will buy you some time in case you decide to buy a motor later. With a 500 amp controller, you'll need a 2 gauge cable set and a heavy duty solenoid (400 amp) as well.

If it's hilly I'd go with a motor and controller package consisting of a 500 amp controller. I like the FSIP motors. There's a speed motor and a torque motor. The speed motor will get you a small torque increase but a nice boost of speed, somewhere around 26-28MPH. Where the torque motor will get you a massive torque increase, but not quite as much speed. 23-25 MPH or so with the torque motor.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be glad to assist you.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:31 PM   #8
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a 2014 precedent also JE in the vin. I had a 3” lift and 20” tires I could get 27mph out of it with 2 people in it. I have been told this is rare though. I was running the xct 500 turned down to 400a stock motor. Sense then I have changed lift tires and motor. I haven’t had a chance to test it out to much with the new mods but it really does take off out of the hole like a bat out of he!!
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:27 AM   #9
jersey92
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you all, for your responses. I'll keep you all updated!
Old 02-08-2019, 08:41 PM   #10
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just built an excel cart with the FSIP speed motor and Alltrax controller. On stock tires it gets 25 mph.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car