lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2019, 05:37 PM   #1
catmcaw
Gone Wild

Default Noise (clank) from rear axle area-2008 RXV

2008 RXV has a clank noise from the rear. I think its coming from gear backlash but not sure. I installed a new complete rearend about 18 months ago and replaced springs, shocks and bushings. Could the problem be where the motor mates to the rearend?
catmcaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2019, 10:25 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Noise (clank) from rear axle area-2008 RXV

18 months from new is a short time to begin having issues. The motor bolts could be loose, The bolts that mount the rear end to the springs could be loose. Maybe the new rear axle has a different interface to where it attaches to the rear springs. There have been reports that the new mounts were changed to a small pin that is not as good as the old style mounts at holding the rear axle in place.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:03 AM   #3
catmcaw
Gone Wild

Thanks Bob, I checked all the easy stuff and all looks good. The only thing I thought was unusual is the wheels rotate a few degrees when moved back and forth (backlash) while the brake is applied. The clank comes in during the backlash.
The noise/clank is not constant while out riding the cart. Its just enough to bug me.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:17 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmcaw View Post
Thanks Bob, I checked all the easy stuff and all looks good. The only thing I thought was unusual is the wheels rotate a few degrees when moved back and forth (backlash) while the brake is applied. The clank comes in during the backlash.
The noise/clank is not constant while out riding the cart. Its just enough to bug me.
Higher gearset backlash is typically caused by having oversized tires. What is acceptable with 18" tires becomes much more noticed with large tires.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:13 PM   #5
catmcaw
Gone Wild

I agree with the wheel difference. As the way it stands now the noise is not constant but it would be nice not to hear it again. I was out riding around today and lost volts and speed. I do not think its related to the noise (more like bad luck). Guess I will start a new thread about power problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO