lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2019, 10:56 AM   #1
JerGal
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy 2004 Club Precedent bucking(shuttering)

Had left my 2004 Club Car Precedent sit idle for almost 2 years. Replaced the batteries this last month. Charged them a number of times since then. Could not get it to accelerate past a very, very slow speed. 1 mph maybe. Checked the voltage after charge. Sits at 65 volts according to my multimeter. During the slow speed operation, stays around 64 volts under load. Reverse same speed as forward. Pushed golf car while in tow and wheels turn freely. Replaced the speed sensor and magnet on the motor. Very very slight improvement- seemed smoother. Still around 1 mph. Immediate bucking like the brakes are being tapped. Replaced the MCOR 4 under the accelerator pedal. Seemed slightly better again but hardly any increase in speed. Just smoother. Bucking still there. So, is my next step to replace the Controller???
JerGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2019, 11:02 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Club Precedent bucking(shuttering)

Test the output of yoiur MCOR and make sure it is telling the controller to move. With the batteries connected, Tow/Run switch in Run; place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red (+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65vdc when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle). If the reading is erratic or jumps all over the place it is still a bad MCOR output signal..... Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors

I have seen motor brushes stick after long periods of sitting also....

And that voltage should come down to ~51vdc or so 12 hours after the charge completes. A 100% SOC is 50.93 volts.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:38 AM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Club Precedent bucking(shuttering)

With you saying it's bucking, it sounds like a possible motor problem to me.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club golf electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car