lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #1
AKavanaughSC
Not Yet Wild

Default Silver Eagle Battery Date Stamp Question / Overall PDS Upgrade

Looking at these Silver Eagles, does anyone know if there is another date code, besides the label? As you can see, there is nothing marked or punched out for the date on the label. I have attached a pic of the only other identifying characteristic that contains a code, but not sure if this relates to a date in anyway.

I suspect the batteries are old as we took readings the other night, 6.1v for each battery, 36.7v total pack which is low. However, his wife didn't put it on the charger, so we have no idea how long it was run prior to testing. Looking to get more info with some more readings this week.

Cart in reference: 1995 EZGO TXT 36v DCS Drive System

Neighbor wants his cart to go faster, so I told him for a DCS check batteries first when we ran into this issue. Assuming the batteries are old, I would replace that and upgrade to 2g cables first. Then if you wanted additional speed, look at a controller/solenoid upgrade.

I don’t believe there is any way to easily increase speed as in a cable on the controller like the PDS models, but I may be wrong.

Appreciate any insight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190202_000315.jpg (103.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190202_000416.jpg (429.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190202_000449.jpg (95.3 KB, 0 views)
AKavanaughSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

Default Re: Silver Eagle Battery Date Stamp Question / Overall PDS Upgrade

First thing you need to do is put the ring connectors on those auxiliary wires on top of your main battery cable terminals Main battery cable terminals are always in direct contact with the battery post since it's carrying the most amps. Surprised a post hasn't burned up.
R.Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:48 PM   #3
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

I would do some back to back charges also to try and get the voltage up. Them batteries are dead.
R.Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:18 PM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check the batteries for water. Should be enough water to cover the plates but leave at least a quarter inch gap between water and filler tube. When the batteries charge they should bubble vigorously near the end of the charge cycle.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:25 PM   #5
AKavanaughSC
Not Yet Wild

Batteries are filled properly.

When charging, batteries range from 6.9v to 7.3v, total pack 43.4v. After charge, batteries range from 6.2v to 6.4v, total pack 38.5v. After a short ride (maybe a mile), Batteries range from 6.0v to 6.1v, total pack 36.5v.

Going to try back to back charges first, but sounds to me like old batteries, just wish I knew the date. Will suggest new batteries and upgraded cables. Then go the controller/solenoid route should he want more speed.

And we'll switch the terminal order, thanks R.Boyd.
AKavanaughSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO