lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2009, 05:41 AM   #1
Mark@Spin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1984 Club Car Petrol - No Spark

I have been asked to have a look at an '86 petrol club car, from what I know the motor is a KF82. The exciter has been replaced prior to me getting it. No spark. I have replaced the pulse coil now, still no spark.
Does anyone have a copy of the wiring diagram?
Fuel system is good, compression id good /fair, the crank does have excessive endfloat, but that doesn't explain the lack of spark.
If it doesn't show some potential soon, there could be a big spark and up in flames it go's. Losing patience.

regards
Mark @spin
Mark@Spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
kdmosier
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1984 Club Car Petrol - No Spark

Here's the electrical diagram for 86-91, if it's a 84, I'm not sure if this will help.
kdmosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:37 AM   #3
Mark@Spin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the wiring diagram, apart from the micro-switches removed and bypassed, all the wiring checks out OK. Voltage and polarity is good. I can't put my finger on the no spark.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

PM me an email address.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
swenco
Not Yet Wild

Hi,

I also have an 84 Club Car gas with what sounds like the same problems. Did you get yours running? If so, what did you end up doing?

Thanks,
Aaron
swenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
Mark@Spin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Aaron,

i had the primary coil and new exciter coil tested, apparently the new supplied coil is buggered so i have ordered a new unit. It had to come out of the states as there are none here in Australia. Still waiting. Would like to know of anyone that has links to getting goods from the states.

regards
Mark
Old 05-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #7
swenco
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: 1984 Club Car Petrol - No Spark

In talking with other people, everybody automatically said coil, exciter coil, micro switches and frayed wires. We tested all of that and it was within specs. We used jumper wires to rule out frayed wires and all seemed good. Last night we found that when we left the white wire from the key switch to the micro switch unhooked it worked fine. We now have a new key switch coming. Nobody has said anything about the key switch being bad, but it seems to be our problem and it is only $30 compared to hundreds for the coils or other parts. Thank God!! Let me know what you find in case something more comes of ours.
swenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #8
Mark@Spin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Aaron,
i be honenst with you, i haven't check out the key switch, the cart has had the throttle micro switch removed and bypassed. You could very well be onto something here.
I will keep you up to date of the outcome.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car