lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2019, 07:49 PM   #1
thadmiller82
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent to series drive conversion, need wiring help

05 Precedent cart, it was free, because it was flooded. I had this great idea to take all of the free parts I have and make this thing run. I
pulled the motor, controller and solenoid out of a series DS cart that was running.
F and R is out of some old EZ GO

SO I have wired as follows, MCOR 2, blue wire to key switch and then to R top solenoid, green wire to R small pin on solenoid, and from that pin to pin #1 on the controller. Yellow to #3 pin on controller, purple to B- on controller and white/black to #2 pin on controller.

jumper from B- to L small pin on solenoid

I do not have any microswitches on the F and R wired, but wired it according to an old EZGO f and r wire diagram

b+ on controller goes to L top post on solenoid and to A1

M- on controller goes to the top lug on the F and R

the rest of the F and R goes to A2 S1 and S2

I am not adding any lights horn radio etc. and I have no OBC, planning on a Lester Automatic charger.

SO with the key on, no matter where the F and R is turned, I get the solenoid to click when I press the pedal, which to me implies that the microswitch work, and If I test the purple and yellow wires with an ohm I am suppose to get 0-5? I get more like 1-6

I have about 47 volts across the battery pack right now.

That's about it. no movement, I don't know whether this F and R is from a 36 or 48 volt EZ GO, I think there is a jumper I may need or not need if it is from one or the other?

I'm sure I'm to get the why are you doing this??? well I had a bunch of precedent things, nice seats, curtains, nice frame and body, and I have DS parts. So it is what it is.

I don't know what to test from here on out to see if/when power is going from where to where

Any help is appreciated.
thadmiller82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car