lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2019, 08:52 PM   #1
DoseofJose
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Rear leaf springs move back and forth (after lift kit installation)

I recently installed a 6" drop axel lift kit on my 2000 ezgo txt electric golf cart, but now the rear leaf springs move back and forth. Almost as if they're missing a bushing between the screws that hold the leaf springs on, but I didn't remove any bushings when I first took them off. The kit didn't come with any instructions, so I went by youtube videos the best that I could. I'm not sure if I installed the rear lift kit incorrectly or what I did wrong.

I've tried to post a link with photos, but unfortunately the website won't let me since I have to be a member for 7 days.
DoseofJose is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2019, 10:09 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Rear leaf springs move back and forth (after lift kit installation)

Check the front of the leaf springs. There should be an "eye" with rubber bushing in it. at the center of the bushing there should be a metal sleeve. The bolt goes through that sleeve and holds the eye at the end of the spring into a bracket on the frame of the cart. If all that is correct it is not possible for the spring itself to move forward & backward on the frame. Unfortunately, without pictures it's not possible for us to see what you are seeing.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:49 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear leaf springs move back and forth (after lift kit installation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Check the front of the leaf springs. There should be an "eye" with rubber bushing in it. at the center of the bushing there should be a metal sleeve. The bolt goes through that sleeve and holds the eye at the end of the spring into a bracket on the frame of the cart. If all that is correct it is not possible for the spring itself to move forward & backward on the frame. Unfortunately, without pictures it's not possible for us to see what you are seeing.
This very thing happened to mine and upon inspection I needed to replace more than one.....and just so you know, for the entire rear end, there are 6 sets of bushings. a set at each end of the leaf spring and a set on the shackle where it attaches to the frame. I bought a complete set off of amazon for about $15. solved all my "shifting" issues.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO