lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2019, 04:08 PM   #11
bwc_oh33
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Alltrax 500 install- 400 amp fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You should definitely see no light or even feel heat from the light bulb trick above or you have an issue.

I cannot see what is connected to the Solenoid small posts to verify it is wired correctly, is it missing the flyback diode or the connecting wiring themselves?

I have the diode attached, with stripe facing towards my main pack positive cable attached to the right side of solenoid. My cable from the left post is going to B+ on my controller along with my a1 cable from the motor. I will have to try the light bulb trick later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bwc_oh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2019, 04:10 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax 500 install- 400 amp fuse

The Regen diode on top of the Solenoid is visible and it is correct.

I am referring to the small "flyback" diode that goes between the solenoid small posts.

There should be one wire and one side of the diode connected to each small post.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:12 PM   #13
bwc_oh33
Getting Wild

Club Car

The only diode supplied was the 6A that’s attached...[emoji33]- I did not see anything on a flyback diode in my kit from scottyb...off to the garage.

Old 04-29-2019, 04:34 PM   #14
bwc_oh33
Getting Wild

Club Car

so, when reading the paper attached, I assumed the diode on the small posts was my same 6A diode. In the directions it says for CC applications only a 6A diode is required and no resistor. Yet, I’m still missing the flyback diode.. could this have caused my “welding” incident? My cart is a 2013 Club Car IQ with OBC intact.

Old 04-29-2019, 05:16 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We send the 3 amp and the 6 amp diode with all CC controllers.
Line #1 of my install instruction is : The solenoid does not need a resistor. The solenoid does need diode #1 and #5 installed (diagram referenced seen on the reverse side of the install sheet).
Not having it will not cause the cart to not run. Nor will it cause the cart any welding or initial damage. It is recommended by Alltrax and that is why we send it free with every control. We do have test cart running 2 & 3 years now without but, that's water under the bridge.
If you need a diode simply email me and we will send it same day 1st class mail.

Can you retake the solenoid picture from about 2 ft away and post it?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:37 PM   #16
bwc_oh33
Getting Wild

Club Car

I will get that picture when I get home. I’ll also fire an email off for that diode. Completely misread the directions on that. Thanks Scotty!

Old 04-29-2019, 06:58 PM   #17
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Safety rule number one.. Remove all rings and watches. Some of us have learned the hard way.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:58 PM   #18
bwc_oh33
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Safety rule number one.. Remove all rings and watches. Some of us have learned the hard way.

It’s a silicone ring

Old 04-30-2019, 07:01 AM   #19
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwc_oh33 View Post
I will get that picture when I get home. I’ll also fire an email off for that diode. Completely misread the directions on that. Thanks Scotty!

I'm sure you checked it already, but has your A2 cable rubbed on your f2 post? Hard to tell in the picture, looks mighty close...
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:54 AM   #20
bwc_oh33
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I'm sure you checked it already, but has your A2 cable rubbed on your f2 post? Hard to tell in the picture, looks mighty close...

It’s very hard to tell in the picture, but it is not touching. I had to angle it down due to the cables being a little longer. This way it stretched it out and I had nothing laying on the motor.

I’m really trying to retrace my steps....I’m wondering if my negative cable was somehow contacting my battery when hooking it up. Main negative was disconnected but my batteries were connected in series..I see no reason the cables would have caused the short [emoji2371]

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car