lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2019, 02:04 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Load test batteries?

A series will.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2019, 08:19 PM   #12
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Finished changing out all of the remaining cables to the 1/0 today cart was still a slug uphill so I changed the resistor on the MZJ400 to the one for the 48v then installed 2 more batteries in the back that came out of the motorhome, about the same shape as the batteries in the cart and the same AH I believe. What a difference it makes going from 36 to 48v
hit 17mph on the flat street and up the driveway at over 10 now. I will get the new charger Tues that will handle 48v so then I will be set for a while.

New question, are any of you running the FSIP Torque motor from Scotty in your series 48v cart.
It says that the speed on that motor should be between 22 and 23 mph with a 48v with stock tires and that is what I have now, I know that the batteries aren't what they need to be but should I really expect to see another 5mph by changing to that motor?

Thank you
Dwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:50 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I haven't seen any fsip series motors..
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:59 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I haven't seen any fsip series motors..
That's right. They are all Sepex - easily identified by the little speed sensor pigtail.
Admiral makes a good series motor for more torque and speed - it's model A1
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:28 AM   #15
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scotty, which motor would you recommend, where there are hills, even in our yard, seems like the speed motor would not be what I need and with the FSIP Torque motor it looks like it should get me @ 22mph which would be fine as long as it didn't slow to a crawl up the driveway. Cart still has factory tires on it and I don't plan on going much bigger, maybe as large as I can without a lift later, but for now keep it stock.

I installed new US 8VGC XC2 yesterday and the new charger from you should be here today.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:15 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

All carts slow down when going up hill. Based on some of you comments, I'm assuming you have a series? The only thing that will help a series motor going up hill is amperage. You mention you have gone to 48 volts, but the voltages you posted indicate a very weak battery pack, so I'd replace the batteries, then upgrade the controller. You mention the solenoid, but never mentioned whether you have a stock or upgraded controller. You upgraded cables, so if you do have an upgraded controller, I'd do batteries before jumping to a motor. A beefier motor will only cause your pack to sag more than it already is.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:11 AM   #17
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, I put 6 new US 8VGC XC2 in it yesterday. Yes it is a series cart with the alltrax sr500 controller and super duty F/R and the 400 amp solenoid. Don't think that I have every thing correct with the controller yet.

Is it normal that you can only monitor in the alltrax program when the solenoid is engaged? that's when mine shows on the computer.
Also, it isn't seeing the reverse signal, forward speed setting changes the forward and reverse speed equally. I can leave the reverse speed set to 0 and still go 100% speed in reverse.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:55 AM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

See if you are getting 100% throttle with pedal down.

No, you don't need to power up the controller, as the USB provides enough to do everything except fan test.

Does your reverse beeper work? I currently don't have my 1/2 speed working, though I didn't try, nor do I care, so can't help you there.

EDIT: You asked about "monitor", so I may have misunderstood your question, however, without driving, what exactly are you going to monitor?
Old 05-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls View Post
Yes, I put 6 new US 8VGC XC2 in it yesterday. Yes it is a series cart with the alltrax sr500 controller and super duty F/R and the 400 amp solenoid. Don't think that I have every thing correct with the controller yet.

1. Is it normal that you can only monitor in the alltrax program when the solenoid is engaged? that's when mine shows on the computer.

2. Also, it isn't seeing the reverse signal,

3. forward speed setting changes the forward and reverse speed equally. I can leave the reverse speed set to 0 and still go 100% speed in reverse.
1. The +5V supplied by the USB powers the SR's logic circuits and you can see Toolkit's monitor screen as long as the laptop is connected, even when the SR is out of the cart. You can also record log files.

2. Check for battery pack voltage on the orange wire going to MS-4 on the F/R assembly.

3. The max forward speed slider is actually max speed and the max reverse speed slider is a percentage of the max speed setting. Snice the reverse switch input doesn't exist or isn't being detected, you are getting a normal response.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:08 PM   #20
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply, after looking at the book again that came with it and looking at what I had done earlier, I had made some mistakes and finaly had that Ah Ha moment where everything just clicked. The wiring on this cart lookes like everyone that has owned it before me tied into the wires and added their own stuff.
Their is also the part where I was working on several projects at the same time and should have just done one at a time, but that just isn't me, lol

The controller is coming on with the key now, not the solenoid. and the reverse tab is kicking in when in reverse so the controller is doing as I would expect it to.
So now to get with Scotty and find out which motor will be best for me.

Thank you for your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO