lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2019, 03:55 PM   #1
Zlockett2147
Not Yet Wild

Default 02 DS bad controller?

Hi, I have a 2002 DS AQ0243-218833 and I bought it as a non running cart. I have replaced all batteries, replaced solenoid, resistor, are ignition switch. Some of the wires from the motor to the controller were crossed. I have followed the wires and correctly wired it. I have no buzzer signal when in reverse, as well as I do not hear a click in the solenoid at any point. Does the controller just control the motor or other parts of the cart as well?

I have followed some procedures and jumped pins Pin 5 - Lgt Blue, Pin 6 - Green, Pin 8 - Brown, Pin 9 - Grey, and Pin 10 - Tan and I have 49.8v on all except green pin 6.

Side notes: When I switch from tow to run mode, with key on, after about 30 seconds, the battery light comes on for about 5 seconds and then goes off.

When I have the battery charger hooked up, it has a delay, kicks on for 3 seconds, then blows the breaker on the charger. If I try and reset the breaker and do it again, it eventually blows the fuse inside the yellow fuse holder connected to the charging port.

My theory is the controller is bad , but any other thoughts as to why I have no buzzer sound and no power feedback.
Zlockett2147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2019, 06:40 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 02 DS bad controller?

Pin-6 is missing the pedal MS. Did you have the key On, in Fwd and Go Pedal depressed when testing?

That bullet fuse in the Yellow holder is the OBC sense fuse and is a 3/8 amp fuse. If you are blowing it and tripping the charger A/C brkr, ther eis a definite problem.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:40 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And the 3-5 second delay on the charger is correct operation.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:56 PM   #4
Zlockett2147
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Pin-6 is missing the pedal MS. Did you have the key On, in Fwd and Go Pedal depressed when testing?

That bullet fuse in the Yellow holder is the OBC sense fuse and is a 3/8 amp fuse. If you are blowing it and tripping the charger A/C brkr, ther eis a definite problem.
Yes Key on, in FWD, and I was actually turning the MCOR with a screwdriver because upon inspection, my MCOR1- MCOR4 conversion rod is missing the spring. I found this a few days ago and thought maybe my cart wasn't getting power because the MCOR was not being activated enough.

The MCOR4 is a Mexico one, it was already on there when I bought the cart. Should I try and jump the MCOR with the paper clip?

With that said, do you know if I can buy just the spring?
Old 06-02-2019, 08:32 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlockett2147 View Post
Yes Key on, in FWD, and I was actually turning the MCOR with a screwdriver because upon inspection, my MCOR1- MCOR4 conversion rod is missing the spring. I found this a few days ago and thought maybe my cart wasn't getting power because the MCOR was not being activated enough.

The MCOR4 is a Mexico one, it was already on there when I bought the cart. Should I try and jump the MCOR with the paper clip?

Yes, the 2-pin connector can be jumped to make up the MS signal to the controller.

Not sure, but David Hicks, Revolution Golf Cars 706-431-3917 does sell the kits so he may have the spring or ability to get one. Have to call him....
Old 06-15-2019, 12:58 PM   #6
Zlockett2147
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yes, the 2-pin connector can be jumped to make up the MS signal to the controller.

Not sure, but David Hicks, Revolution Golf Cars 706-431-3917 does sell the kits so he may have the spring or ability to get one. Have to call him....
Thanks, i’m still working on a few things. Can you tell me, does the OBC have any purpose other than controlling the charger?

Could I possibly have a bad Foward and reverse switch? Seeing as I get no response from the solenoid, nor do I have any response on the buzzer when I go from F to R ?
Old 06-15-2019, 01:55 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The OBC can hold the controller in lockout and prevent cart operation.
Hard to say exactly what, but something with the OBC is not right. The yellow fuse blowing out is usually an indicator of a short inside the OBC if I remember right.
You may have a charger issue as well if the breaker is tripping. Usually that is a failed diode set, or it could be due to a short in the wiring of the charge cord.

That’s an IQ cart so it’s easy to bypass the OBC to try to get the controller out of charge lockout. In the 6 pin connector from the OBC jumper the White and Blue wires together and that gives the unlock signal (48v) to be controller pin to deactivate the lockout.
The reverse buzzer does not work if the controller is in lockout, so that may be another clue the OBC is bad.

You may still have a damaged controller if wires to the motor were hooked up wrong. Which wires were they and to which terminals were they attached on the motor?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:13 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I think you have multiple problems occurring, but I would start with the OBC and work forward. I would bypass it, including the lockout, then I would try the charger again. That is a bad sign blowing the sense fuse. You very well could have a faulty AC circuit brkr in your charger. Been there, done that...

Then jumper that MCOR and see what is going on there at Pin-6.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:19 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlockett2147 View Post
I have a whole bucket of them. #103902401, $1.35

As for the diagnosis, follow the lead of these guys who are helping you to this point. They know their stuff.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:39 PM   #10
Zlockett2147
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I think you have multiple problems occurring, but I would start with the OBC and work forward. I would bypass it, including the lockout, then I would try the charger again. That is a bad sign blowing the sense fuse. You very well could have a faulty AC circuit brkr in your charger. Been there, done that...

Then jumper that MCOR and see what is going on there at Pin-6.
So I replaced the mcor and when I hit the pedal I get 49v on green wire #6. Still no click at the solenoid and no response from the cart in general. When I jumped the white and blue wire together on 6 pin connector, nothing happened.

When I switch from tow to the run position, the battery light comes on for 5 seconds , then off, then on, and finally off and stays off. Does this indicate anything?

When I jumped the white and blue wire, was I supposed to jump it on the obc side of the harness side going to the front of the cart? I jumped the OBC side.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car