lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2019, 10:32 AM   #11
baydoe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: another speed question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
As NoleFan mentioned above, the stock cables are all 6 gauge. They're fine for carrying a 300 amp load. It's normal behavior for all DC motors to slow down when you are climbing an incline. DC motors generate low end torque at low RPM. They're going to drop low enough in RPM to generate the torque they need to climb an incline. The more amps you put to it, the less they have to slow down to climb a hill. The 300 is going to be much better than your factory controller for sure. I was just pointing out that there are more powerful options out there that don't require you to change the motor.
ok, so 1 more question then. My cart right now top out around 14.. so i'm guessing im in speed code 3. if i get the alltrax I don't have to put the cart in code 4 1st do i? It will replace that right? thanks!
baydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2019, 11:22 AM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

No need to do anything with an Alltrax. It will all be controlled with your laptop and the Alltrax Tool Kit.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:44 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The speed settings are programmed into the controller. When you remove the controller and replace it with an Alltrax, you remove all programmed information from that cart. If you were to install the old controller into a different cart, the programmed data would follow it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:44 PM   #14
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Another way to think about it is SP4 will run you about 100 bucks. If later you upgrade controller that money is lost.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car