lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
Bubblerings
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Jumpy, unpredictable throttle problems, 2000 txt

This is a 2000 txt ezgo, 36 volt, no tow/run switch, key on dash. F/n/R lever below seat. New 4horse motor, solenoid, batteries, 1206 controller.

Finally got back to the golf cart project and have a question. To recap; Acquired it not running, added new batteries, a new motor and solar panels on the roof. Ran perfectly for a couple months. It's rust free, wiring, plugs, components are clean, I keep it dry. It started to throttle or accelerate un-predictably as if the pedal was stuck down, it would go full speed when you didn't want to. Then it died. After trouble shooting I installed a new (350amp) controller. It runs again but even more strangely. There is a only a narrow point when pushing the pedal down in reverse that it will catch and sort of weakly back up. In forward the point that it accelerates is touchy too, either all at once or slowly. Should I trouble shoot this or is the problem likely obvious to someone out there?
One factor may be the resistor on the solenoid. I read here about having it in the right direction. I checked and it is on there correctly but it is possible that I had it in incorrectly in the past and just got lucky the last time I put it all together. I'm going to order the ITS micro-switch and the little one on the F/n/R while I'm waiting for a reply.
Bubblerings is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2019, 02:04 PM   #2
Bubblerings
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Jumpy, unpredictable throttle problems, 2000 txt

I'm finding this, my most recent, thread in the ezgo electric category but not under "my threads". Anyone know why my new thread doesn't show in "my threads".
Old 06-23-2019, 02:07 PM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Moisture in the box where the its is can cause problems, but you said everything is dry.
The molex connector can also be an issue.

There’s a test for the throttle signal wires but I don’t want to misquote the voltage readings you should get. I’m pretty sure the procedure is in the stickies.

The plunger could also be out of adjustment.

Until one of the experts shows up here I’d start with checking the molex connector. You might as well just cut it out and solder, or butt splice, and cover with adhesive lined shrink tube. If it’s not your current issue, it might be someday. After that, I’d do the voltage test in the throttle wires.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:36 PM   #4
Bubblerings
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, I will do that. I've read that about five times and according to my wife that's about how many times I need to hear advice before I take it...

Tags
acceleration, forward, intermittent, reverse, throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO