lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
brotherhay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 99 DS 48v intermittent jumping off the start

On this upgraded 1999 DS 48v cart, when pressing on the pedal from a dead stop, every so often the cart wants to leap like you gave it full pedal. It hops a few times like that then you can let off the pedal, then press it gently and it will take off very slow as it should.

The cart upgrade involved a new motor and 600A controller with the rest of the usual suspects. Id say half of the time I touch the pedal this jumpiness happens, either in either forward or reverse. Almost like its storing power and then it releases it with some jumpiness, then its back to a normal slow take off again.

Or, maybe its a v-glide problem. I obviously have no idea, its why Im asking.
brotherhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2019, 12:33 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 99 DS 48v intermittent jumping off the start

What kind of controller did you get? If it just started with the upgrade try putting the old controller back in.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:03 PM   #3
brotherhay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
What kind of controller did you get? If it just started with the upgrade try putting the old controller back in.
Alltrax 600A series controller. Ive read with previous version of alltrax controllers that they wanted you to install 2 resistors on the solenoid. Only one was provided with my controller, so I assume that was enough.
Old 08-04-2019, 07:21 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

The first thing to do is download the Alltrax toolkit and make sure you have the correct throttle selected and auto-cal the throttle.
What is the full name of your controller, not just Alltrax 600a
Old 08-24-2019, 02:34 PM   #5
brotherhay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
The first thing to do is download the Alltrax toolkit and make sure you have the correct throttle selected and auto-cal the throttle.
What is the full name of your controller, not just Alltrax 600a
Alltrax SR48600 WITH the FN1 speed pot, cranked all the way up.

Throttle settings are set to Club Car, which is correct.

I finally got around to testing some, and may get some logs but currently this thing jumps so much off the start, its kinda violent.

While having the monitors on, I see it go red on Shutdown, and also high throttle input underange by just depressing the pedal. The cart hasnt even moved at that point.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:38 PM   #6
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Seems to me that I read on these forums that some of those FN options were defective. Try disconnecting the FN option and see if the problem goes away.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:47 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherhay View Post
Alltrax SR48600 WITH the FN1 speed pot, cranked all the way up.

Throttle settings are set to Club Car, which is correct.

I finally got around to testing some, and may get some logs but currently this thing jumps so much off the start, its kinda violent.

While having the monitors on, I see it go red on Shutdown, and also high throttle input underange by just depressing the pedal. The cart hasnt even moved at that point.
Can you take a pic of the solenoid so we can see all the orientations.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:04 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You have a FN1 switch plugged into the Controller, verify it is set for "Analog Input" and the range value assigned to the "Max Forward Motor Speed" slider.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:51 AM   #9
brotherhay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I checked settings in Alltrax for the FN1 digital/analog option. It was set to FN1, and the other option was Digital switch. There were no other options that I could see, I assume it was analog.

After verifying that, I just decided to remove the switch test a little. That toned down the jump off the start some, but still the problem remains, just less pronounced than it was before

I press the pedal just to get the solenoid to engage. I then press it further, barely any extra distance, just to move the throttle position meter. Its first position jump is right to 100% throttle, and then the cart lurches forward some, then cuts out. I also notice a flash on the Over Current. Heres a vid of that:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-VK...ew?usp=sharing

Heres a pic of the solenoid. Hopefully all is hooked up properly there. Everything seems to work fine, when it does that is.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...psdg3lkjns.jpg

Last edited by brotherhay; 08-25-2019 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: pic too large
Old 08-25-2019, 10:14 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You disconnect the FN1 you need to change the setting back to "Digital Switch".

The FN1 is just a potentiometer and the controller settings is what gives meaning to the knob position.

Did You check the ranges for the speed and throttle sliders?

How far do you have to press the pedal before the Solenoid clicks?

In the VGlide Multi-Step-Potentiometer setup it is important that when the pedal micro-switch closes that the wiper arm is over the first pad with the negative wire.

If the wiper pad is still over the previous tab, you need to add a wire between the posts #2 and #3 in the VGLide to assure a 0 signal when the micro-switch closes.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car