lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2019, 08:18 AM   #1
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile squeaky front part of C C

Igreased my 2002 couple days ago. i wound up with a squeak when you rock the cart back and forth ..side to side.I shot wd40everywhere .......still got it.My noise probe testor shows its coming from the spring pad area.Has anyone run acrossed this problem before?I tightened down the front spring clamp. not helping Throw out some ideas if you would...........I will try- about anything thinking; this maybe looking at this woe as common problem in an older cart???? thanks for help !! bob s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2019, 10:49 AM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: squeaky front part of C C

Typically this comes from dried out bushings. The factory bushings are polyurethane and are somewhat self-lubricating until they get old and dry. Then they'll start to squeak. This could be either the spring bushings or the control arm bushings, or both. If you've installed aftermarket rubber bushings in the front end at some point in the past, then it's definitely an issue.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
powerandglory
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Typically this comes from dried out bushings. The factory bushings are polyurethane and are somewhat self-lubricating until they get old and dry. Then they'll start to squeak. This could be either the spring bushings or the control arm bushings, or both. If you've installed aftermarket rubber bushings in the front end at some point in the past, then it's definitely an issue.

On my current build I used rubber bushings for the new HD leafs. For some reason the polyurethane ones were too tight of a fit. Will the rubber ones give me a problem in the future?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
powerandglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:19 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerandglory View Post
On my current build I used rubber bushings for the new HD leafs. For some reason the polyurethane ones were too tight of a fit. Will the rubber ones give me a problem in the future?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Maybe, maybe not. It has a lot to do with the environment you're in and how quickly they dry out. There are also several different rubber bushings out there. Some of them are better than others.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:48 AM   #5
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

How many are there [bushings} Will order them-Seems like -wd40 would make a difference .remotely." As i said-- i used a [ noise probe- and the noise was much louder ~ as i pointed the probe -at the cross leaf saddle-spring mounting .Is there a kit? Mine are rubber bushed? and are a little sloppy !!When you look at them. Iwent out and turned the steering wheel all the way to the left .Have really loud squeaking noise at that point. stepped on the cart, and bounce it up and down, is when i hears the noise the most ?
bob s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:32 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quanity 4: 101558302 Urethane Bushing, Soft
Quantity 2 - 1012303 Sleeve, Spring
Quantity 12 - 1016346 Urethane Bushing, Control Arm
Quantity 4 - 1016349 Inner Sleeve, Control Arm
Quantity 2 - 1016350 Outer Sleeve, Control Arm

If you would like to do the rear springs and upper shackle bushings you'll need to add 12 more of the 101558302 bushings and 6 more of the 1012303 sleeves.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:56 AM   #7
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

My 2015 Precedent squeaks during side-to-side movements - Grabbing the front roof strut and shaking recreates the noise. On my cart it appears to be the control arm bushings. I spray them with rubber-safe penetrating oil and the noise stays gone for 3-4 weeks.
brett92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:19 PM   #8
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett92 View Post
My 2015 Precedent squeaks during side-to-side movements - Grabbing the front roof strut and shaking recreates the noise. On my cart it appears to be the control arm bushings. I spray them with rubber-safe penetrating oil and the noise stays gone for 3-4 weeks.
Would please share the product you use? Mine has the same symptoms when rocked side to side. Thanks!
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:25 PM   #9
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

WD40 isn't a lubricant. It's used to dry out electrical connections like points in old cars.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:29 AM   #10
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
Would please share the product you use? Mine has the same symptoms when rocked side to side. Thanks!
I use Liquid Wrench penetrating oil but honestly it's what was laying around the house that was safe for use on rubber and plastic. There may be something better out there that lasts longer. I will say that for me this works better than silicone spray.

BTW, I just "went to town on it" as they say spraying very, very liberally at all the bushing points. Like I said it gets me at least a few of weeks of silence then slowly comes back.

https://www.liquidwrench.com/product/penetrating-oil/
brett92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car