lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2019, 05:19 PM   #1
Sbodine15
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 CC Prec. Motor/controller disengage while driving

2013 CC with Xct 400 and FSIP MOT-A3 speed motor. Installed about 1 year ago and have had no issues until just recently. If it were a car I would describe it as the transmission slipping. Cart will suddenly surge/jerk when cruising. Volt meter will jump around almost as if motor is engaging/disengaging. Sometimes it will smooth out on its own. Other times, getting on and off the accelerator seems to get it out of the jerky behavior. Very intermittent. But becoming more common. Thought maybe loose wire but nothing found. Any ideas where to start looking?
Sbodine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2019, 05:21 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 CC Prec. Motor/controller disengage while driving

Bad MCOR....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:23 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Key off, pump the peddle 25-30 times and then cut the key back on. If it is a little better, you will definitely need a new MCOR. Get a good quality OEM replacement, not a Chinese close from eBay or Amazon. Revolution Golf Cars has them. Call David Hicks https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors
Old 09-25-2019, 06:55 PM   #4
Sbodine15
Not Yet Wild

NoleFan- Thanks for the reply. It's funny you described it as you did. "Get a good OEM MCOR". Before I reached out to the forum, my cart had this issue but it was very slight. So I figured it to be the MCOR. Trying to be a miser, I went the cheap route and purchased the much cheaper knockoff from China and it got worse. I read the bad reviews and everything but just assumed people didn't know how to install it correctly You guys are usually spot on with this forum and I also believed it was the MCOR originally. If MCOR is what your gut tells ya, then I'm sending that knockoff POS back to Amazon and ordering the OEM version.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:00 PM   #5
Sbodine15
Not Yet Wild

And did just purchase MCOR 4 from Revolution on your referral
Old 09-25-2019, 09:36 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbodine15 View Post
And did just purchase MCOR 4 from Revolution on your referral
And the site owner, David Hicks (TahoeDawgZ71), will back it with you 100% and be there for any of your CC needs. His customer service is 2nd to none, so do call him if you ever have a question.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car