lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2019, 04:32 PM   #11
Gregt909
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Auto downhill braking

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
So the braking on my onward was too harsh for normal driving from the factory. I had the cart adjusted now when I let off the accelerator pedal it no longer automatically brakes which is perfect.

However the new issue is that now going down a hill(for example over a bridge on the golf course) I tap the brake to slightly slow down and then let off the brake and the cart automatically slams on the brakes to a halt. Much too harsh. What else needs to be adjusted to solve this??
Being it’s under warranty I wouldn’t mess around with any self adjustments. Take it to the dealer and have them sort everything out.
Gregt909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2019, 05:29 PM   #12
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Thanks for all the responses. This isn't regan braking in the sense where the cart is going too fast down hill so it automatically slows down. Imagine if the cart were going 10 mph down hill I gently tap brakes then have no foot on either pedal the cart slows down to an almost stop with the same sensation as I had prior to turning off the pedal up braking. It is not mechanical locking of the brakes you can tell it is the cart motor or controller telling the cart to slow down to an almost stop.

How many different adjustments are on these carts related to braking and speed?

This is a 2020 Onward but it is not lithium.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 05:33 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you have an AC motor then check with the dealer about all settings related to the motor brake operation.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 04:05 PM   #14
cinesage
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
So the braking on my onward was too harsh for normal driving from the factory. I had the cart adjusted now when I let off the accelerator pedal it no longer automatically brakes which is perfect.

However the new issue is that now going down a hill(for example over a bridge on the golf course) I tap the brake to slightly slow down and then let off the brake and the cart automatically slams on the brakes to a halt. Much too harsh. What else needs to be adjusted to solve this??
Did you ever get an answer to this? I find that the 2017 EzGo RXV that I have goes too fast on a steep slope, whereas it should be auto-breaking. If I "tap" the brake, it slows way too harshly. We used to have an EzGo TXT, whereas you could "ride" the brake down the slope (much like a car). Not so with the RXV.
cinesage is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car