lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2020, 09:58 AM   #11
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2011 Precedent trouble shooting (won't move)

just did continuity test on motor (a1-a2, f1-f2 and each post to casing) and it passed that test.
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2020, 01:10 PM   #12
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rwf View Post
just did continuity test on motor (a1-a2, f1-f2 and each post to casing) and it passed that test.
Glad to hear your motor seems to be okay.

I'm using your thread as a learning moment for me and others, so please forgive my need for more basic information.

You said you have no "click" when you press the Go pedal.

You talked about voltage on each side of your solenoid but did not mention testing just the solenoid, itself.
Do you have resistance across the large terminals with the cables removed and key OFF?
With the key switched ON and the Go pedal slightly depressed, what is the voltage across the small terminals? The way I understand it, if no voltage the problem is not the solenoid. If full voltage is present the solenoid is bad.

In response to R&TBabich you said you had +48v from the key switch green wire, but did not mention if you heard the solenoid click. Did you?
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:51 PM   #13
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Try this. Disconnect the two wire lead from the MCOR. Jumper them together with a paperclip. Be sure you jumper the two wires going back to the controller not to the MCOR.The two female connections. It should at least work as good as it did before. If it works all the time replace the MCOR.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 10:19 PM   #14
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

CCNorth, I will test the solenoid the way you mentioned. That isn't the way I checked it. I removed the white and blue wire and grounded the small post on the battery side of the solenoid to battery ground and that would make it click(engage) every time. I even tried pressing the pedal with the solenoid engaged in that manner and nothing.

I think the voltage I am reading on the controller side of the solenoid is capacitor voltage from the controller.

The question concerning the green wire voltage and whether or not the solenoid clicked, yes the voltage was present at the green wire at the controller and no, the solenoid did not click.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:24 PM   #15
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks WalterM6. The mcor isn't the problem. I am getting the 48 volts from the micro switch back to the controller when the pedal is pressed.
Old 08-31-2020, 03:02 PM   #16
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

CCNorth, thanks for the suggestion, but the solenoid is good based on the tests you told me to try.

I don't think I have jumped the gun but I went ahead and pulled the curtiss controller out and am putting a alltrax xct500 in it.

If that solves my problem, and I believe it will, I will come back here and post that so that anyone who may be following will know what the solution was.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:58 PM   #17
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

ok, for anyone following, the alltrax xct 48500 solved my problem. Got it going earlier today and knocking 37 mph out of the ballpark. Didn't replace anything else, just the controller. Solenoid was good according to all of the different tests I did. Motor tests were good as far as the tests I was able to do to it. Tests on the OBC proved to be good. Didn't really see anything else other than the controller. Also, the MCOR 4 passed any of the tests that I could do on it. So for those that may have been watching, there you go. Previous controller was a Curtiss 500 amp controller that lasted only about 4 or 5 years. I also never had this kind of performance out of it.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:12 AM   #18
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Happy to know the controller solved the problem. Wow, that speed is amazing. I bet you're glad the old controller died.

Thanks for sharing you information! It sure helped me and know it will help others.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:19 AM   #19
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Since you mention it, I have wanted one of the 500A XCT's since they came out and was getting such good reviews but I wasn't willing to chuck a perfectly good working Curtiss for the Alltrax experience. But I guess that's a moot point at this point. The Alltrax is in and smokin fast with a lot of torque. You can sure watch the battery voltage go south real quick running it like that though.

Hah, guess it's time to modify my signature line now.

Again, to those that replied with suggestions, thanks!
Old 09-02-2020, 06:34 AM   #20
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Now if I could get DPI to respond and get my DPI charger working again I would be even happier but I am guessing that DPI is not in the business of customer service anymore since they won't answer phone calls, return phone calls or respond to emails. Did they go out of business and just still paying the phone bill? Rhetorical question of course, just a bad business sense I guess.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car