lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2020, 10:13 AM   #1
Leveycr
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car DS Series 48v No Go

I have a 98 48v DS (serial A9. I recently installed a D&D 4:2 motor and maintained all stock components. I realize I put the stock components at risk, and now I just need to determine which one failed.

I was out cruising for a while and stopped, without turning the key off, and then the cart would never move again in either direction. I was assuming that the V-glide or FNR switch (which was very hot at time of failure) were to blame. The cart will click but not move. I measure 50v on all 4 terminals on the motor with the key in any position and the negative probe on the last battery. Is that normal?
Leveycr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2020, 04:38 PM   #2
Leveycr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car DS Series 48v No Go

Update: installed a HD FNR switch and nothing has changed. I may put the factory motor back in to see what happens.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:55 PM   #3
Mike Dunlap
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

im new to all of this but i did the upgrade on mine 01 ds and i would say that if you havent upgraded to a heavy dury solenoid it would be my guess what the problem is, also if you havent went with heavier cables it would be necessary to get correct power to the motor. like i said i am new to this but i have upgraded mine and went from around 11 mph to 21-22 and the grades that i drive up now are no longer a problem, im sure there are others more knowledgable who may chime in later, i hope this helps. you are on the right track but just need to finish up on the upgrade, good luck
Mike Dunlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 08:41 AM   #4
Leveycr
Not Yet Wild

I think I am mainly thrown off by the voltage being measured at the motor. I think I may replace the V Glide next since it smells like burnt electronics.
Old 08-31-2020, 09:21 AM   #5
Leveycr
Not Yet Wild

The voltage to the solenoid drops from 50v to 0 when I hit the accelerator, and then comes back up to 50 when I let off. Not sure what this tells me, if anything.
Old 08-31-2020, 10:19 AM   #6
Leveycr
Not Yet Wild

I'll keep talking myself through this, ha. Jumped the solenoid and we have movement. HD solenoid incoming.
Old 08-31-2020, 10:34 AM   #7
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveycr View Post
I'll keep talking myself through this, ha. Jumped the solenoid and we have movement. HD solenoid incoming.
Good for you! I love getting help (and this forum is great for that!) but every now and then I seem to figure something out on my own; I think I retain that lesson better sometimes!

Good for you; go, cart, go!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:04 PM   #8
Leveycr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Good for you! I love getting help (and this forum is great for that!) but every now and then I seem to figure something out on my own; I think I retain that lesson better sometimes!

Good for you; go, cart, go!
I agree, this forum is great! I will update this thread after the solenoid is in. Fingers crossed.
Old 08-31-2020, 06:43 PM   #9
Mike Dunlap
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

it looks like you are on the right track here now sir and if you havent upgraded to 2 or 4 gauge cables i can tell you that upgrade will be necessary to get the full performance out of what you have already done. "the cables should be your last bottleneck to get where you want to be, Mike
Mike Dunlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:38 AM   #10
Leveycr
Not Yet Wild

I still have the stock controller (I know, I know, but I do not plan on keeping this cart). Will this solenoid hurt my controller? It says HD, but it does not look as HD as a 200 or 400a solenoid.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car