lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2020, 02:31 PM   #1
Bean843
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 48v conversion won’t move

Looking for some help with my conversion. I have recently converted my 36v to 48 with scottys kit. Got it all together and tested it on jack stands numerous times both direction and worked great. The next day I sat it down on the ground and got ready for a road test and now it won’t move. Solenoid clicks but will not move forward or backward now and I didn’t change anything. Controller light is green also. Any help on what to check.
Bean843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2020, 04:31 PM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: 48v conversion won’t move

If it ran on jack stands but won't now it sounds like a bad connection somewhere. Retrace and double check all your connections. Also, what's your battery voltage?
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 04:53 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

What he said.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 04:54 PM   #4
Bean843
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have 49 on the main post of solenoid and I’m showing 47.6 coming out of the solenoid and at all my connections.
Old 09-02-2020, 04:55 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Also look to see if the controller LED is throwing any one of the many fault codes listed in the back of the operator manual
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 04:55 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Check your pack voltage and all cables.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:26 PM   #7
Bean843
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Main negative and main positive I’m showing 49.x volts. All
My cables are tight in the pack, on motor, controller, and f/r switch. I’m getting 47v on both sides of the f/r switch at all times, is that correct? I was thinking I was supposed to only have power going down the wire of the direction the switch was in.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:34 PM   #8
Bean843
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Should the controller light turn solid green when the key is turned on? I have nothing when I turn the key on but when I press the pedal it flashed green 3 times then goes to solid green, if I press it wide open it goes to a orange color.
Old 09-06-2020, 03:15 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean843 View Post
Should the controller light turn solid green when the key is turned on? I have nothing when I turn the key on but when I press the pedal it flashed green 3 times then goes to solid green, if I press it wide open it goes to a orange color.
That is the correct response from the controller LED status light at the right time for this kit.
1. Is the solenoid clicking? If no remove one side of the small diode and try to go.
2. The meter should read 48v when the test leads are on the solenoid 2 small terminals and the controller LED is green. The Positive side comes from the pedal blue wire and the neg. side can come from the controller J1 black... or if that is not working move this wire to the controller B-.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:25 PM   #10
Bean843
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Solenoid is clicking with every press of the pedal. I checked both terminals and do have 48v on each terminal when the pedal is pressed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car