lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
toxiclows
Not Yet Wild

Default Got cart all built first test drive it died. Please help

well this is a disappointment. I am building a 93 CC ds gas for my girlfriends parents. i painted the whole thing base clear, installed back seat windshield headlights, led tails diamond plate goodies. Just got it out of the garage today. after washing it. and i ran into a problem. i know water on an engine isnt a good thing. but i washed it about 3 weeks ago. wen the body was all of and all was well. it drove in and out o the garage every night. since.

Well we got it all done. and took it for a ride me and my dad. we ran over te little curb entrance to the neighbors driveway. and since the lift made it rise a little stiff and i have a little too much air in the tires at the moment. it is a little stiff.

well like clockwork when the rear tires hit that bump the thing just shut off like someone turned the key off. could not get it to start since.
i pulled a fuel line and am getting good spurts of fuel.
the plug is in nice shape with the proper burn color but i dont seem to get spark or the best spark, it shocked me once. but not horribly. and you cant see the spark actually jump the plug gap like you would think you should.

i called the guy i bought it off of. and he suggested that i unhook the white wire to the coil/ limiter. saying that it would not shut off no more when you let off the gas. but is this was the problem then it would start. havent got a cance to go back to the garage yet to test that out yet. . .but ill be there tomorrow morning.

im thinking coil .. i took the plastic shield off but only see a air cooling flywheel under there. from the looks of it the coil must be underneath that.

just lking for some tips advice. . to get me going in the right direction. . this thing is 99 percent done. . . .i have to allign the front end. . and its road worthy. i really need to figure this out.

thanks.

chris.
toxiclows is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
slinghead
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Got cart all built first test drive it died. Please help

check the ground wire from the frame to the engine with the lift it might have been pulled tight. Hitting the bump could have broken it. look on left side of motor for ground going to frame.
slinghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
toxiclows
Not Yet Wild

Well i got her going again, just an FYI for anyone who may experience the same problems / symptoms. The shop I bought it of said to check the white wire going to the rev limiter. and if the rev limiter goes bad then it can mess up. un hoking that wire may let it start. it will just not shut off until you ground it out. to shut down.

well that was not the problem . and ten he had be check to see that the wire did not come unhooked from the ignitor. .. well that was not it either.

he rdered me up a cil and an ignitor. .. but it was going to be WED. until i got them. well i went ome and started tearing the flywheel cover off and was cleaning up the flywheel when i noticed that the wire coming rom the coil, ignitor to the coil had come unhooked at the coil.

apparently some lasy serviceman along the years. had dropped a spark plug down in there and just left it.

well i said that my problem started when i hit a bump. well that bump was enough to make that ld spark plug jump around and get toeed up by the flywheel and up into the top where it knoced the wire off the coil in the process. .. hooking this up made all well again. .

so something odd and rendom to watch out for.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

"so something odd and rendom to watch out for."
That is a first, but thanks for the update! I was going to suggest you replace the wiring harness....
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
Riorat
supervision required

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxiclows View Post
Well i got her going again, just an FYI for anyone who may experience the same problems / symptoms. The shop I bought it of said to check the white wire going to the rev limiter. and if the rev limiter goes bad then it can mess up. un hoking that wire may let it start. it will just not shut off until you ground it out. to shut down.

well that was not the problem . and ten he had be check to see that the wire did not come unhooked from the ignitor. .. well that was not it either.

he rdered me up a cil and an ignitor. .. but it was going to be WED. until i got them. well i went ome and started tearing the flywheel cover off and was cleaning up the flywheel when i noticed that the wire coming rom the coil, ignitor to the coil had come unhooked at the coil.

apparently some lasy serviceman along the years. had dropped a spark plug down in there and just left it.

well i said that my problem started when i hit a bump. well that bump was enough to make that ld spark plug jump around and get toeed up by the flywheel and up into the top where it knoced the wire off the coil in the process. .. hooking this up made all well again. .

so something odd and rendom to watch out for.

So that's were that spark plug went, I've been looking for it for years
Riorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:25 AM   #6
toxiclows
Not Yet Wild

sorry about the spelling. I was on my mac and the keyboard is suffering from a spill.

yeah apparently someone was changing the plug at one point and dopped it and said heck with it it will be fine and just put another in. . . . . .buttheads ...

anyway the cart is running fine now. I just have to allign the front end, and silocone the centercaps into the new wheels and re tighten some bolts on the new rear seat after i put the engine back together and she is all ready to go. .
Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

ANd people wonder why we can't guess what is wrong with their cart from here!>

THat is about as RANDOM as it gets
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:09 AM   #8
DEADEYE58
Gone Wild

Club Car

thats what you call a frick
DEADEYE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car