lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2021, 09:43 PM   #1
Joe Friday
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2012 Precedent won't move

Our cart just developed a problem. It will not move in either forward or reverse. I just disconnected it from the charger, and backed it our of the parking spot without issue. I switched to forward, and it won't move in either direction. The reverse buzzer comes on when in reverse. Sometimes when I press the accelerator, I hear the solenoid pull, but it drops out a few seconds later. Sometimes the solenoid does nothing. The cart makes no attempt to move at all.

I have not had the chance to do any trouble shooting yet, but have done some reading here, and it looks like there is a 15A fuse I may need to look at. If this fuse were at fault, would the solenoid pull?

I will have a look at the pack voltage and controller fuse tomorrow. We used the cart yesterday for a short 15 minute run, and it was fully charged before we went. I have six Trojan 8V batteries that are two years old this month.

This is a 100% stock cart. We did have a CC dealer program it for speed code four a couple of years ago.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!
Joe Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2021, 05:42 PM   #2
DTO
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2012 Precedent won't move

Got it running?
DTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:55 PM   #3
Joe Friday
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

No, not yet. I really have not had a chance to do much with it. I did verify that the batteries appear OK...I checked the pack voltage after the cart had been off the charger for 36 hours, and got 51.5V.

I did notice that a couple of the battery connections had corrosion on them. I am in the process of cleaning all the battery connections.

Prior to starting the cleanup of the battery connections, I tried i again, and it made the slightest attempt to move and then died. I am hoping there is a corroded battery connection causing a high resistance that keeps the motor from being able to draw the required current, but would still allow the pack to show the correct static voltage. I have not noticed the low pack light on, but it could be burned out.

I would still like to know if the reverse buzzer will operate if the controller fuse is bad or intermittent.

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2021, 07:55 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

More than likely you have a failed MCOR (Motor Controller Output Regulator). The MCOR is the plastic box mounted at the base of the accelerator. On your 2012 Precedent it will be equipped with the MCOR2. The correct replacement unit would be an MCOR4 conversion package, part number AM293001. To test to see if this truly is your issue, use a T40 Torx bit to remove the four bolts along the edges of the floormat and remove the mat. Pull up the plastic access door in the floor to reveal the brake linkage and the MCOR wiring. Pull the two-pin plug out of the MCOR and jump the wires together within this connector. It'll have a blue wire and a green wire. Once jumped together, try and run the car. If it runs, replace the MCOR. Make SURE you get a factory replacement MCOR4 conversion kit and not one of the junk ones from China.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:41 PM   #5
Joe Friday
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just a quick update. The cart is now fixed. I took the suggestion from the previous post and replaced the MCOR. The pedal had occasionally had a dead spot in it, and I had wanted to change it out anyway.

After I had the pedal assembly out I discovered that my cart came standard with a MCOR3, so the MCOR4 went in without any conversion necessary.

Thanks to all who responded and offered suggestions!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car