lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2021, 11:10 PM   #1
Escotom
Not Yet Wild

Angry 1988 club car 36 volt just clicks won't move

I just acquired this. They said it would need a battery. I charged the old ones up, to 38.5 volts, cleaned all the terminals but when pressing the pedal I can hear all the solenoids clicking but no movement. There are 4 solenoids with coils that are not broken, but rusty looking. When I checked the voltage they seem to all receive about 20 volts all at the same time usually, The one micro switch seems to be working ok. Not sure what to check next?? maybe check the solenoids somehow?

Any suggestions will be so very much appreciated. This is my first cart but determined to figure this out, much easier with anyone who wishes to suggest. I did jump the motor with 12 volts and did see the tire start to move but that was the only time it moved. The reverse does not work either, just the buzzer...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2402.jpg (212.0 KB, 0 views)
Escotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
36 volt club car click
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car