lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
kharma21
Not Yet Wild

Default is my voltage regulator bad?

I have a 1991 gas club car. A few weeks ago our campsite opened, the golf cart would not start and we figured it was because it sat all winter. It finally did start but died just a few minutes later.

We bought a new battery for it and it started right up. It went for 5 minutes and died again. About a half hour later is started again but then died shortly after. Later it stopped working altogether.. we had a guy down here look at it, he's more mechanical than we are.. he said the silinoide or however you spell it is bad..

we replaced the silinoide and it started right up..lasted 10 minutes and died. Hasn't started since. So the guy that said the silinoide was bad looked at it again last week and he said now it's the voltage regulator..he thinks.. not know, but thinks. gave us the site number for a guy that fixes golf carts but he still hasn't came so we still don't know..

This is what the cart does. Reverse warning sound is loud, very strong. The lights are even bright.. When u turn it on, put gear in forward or reverse there is a low grinding sound, does not turn over.. just a grinding/grumbling sound.. it's very low sound now. You can barely hear it, but that's what it does.. can someone give me advice as to what it could be, does it sound like a bad voltage regulator?

I dont want to buy another part for this thing if it is still not going to run. My husband has looked to the best of his knowledge and we just can't figure it out.

Any help is appreciated..
kharma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: is my voltage regulator bad?

Welcome kharma21 check the battery voltage and the starter brushes. Once the cart is turning over strong check the plug spark and fuel supply. Once the cart starts recheck the battery voltage to verify if the regulator and generator are working.....sounds to me like you need a technician
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

welcome to BGW kharma21.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: is my voltage regulator bad?

Howdy k... Doesn't sound like a voltage regulator. Maybe starter/gen. brushes. Does the cart quit running, or does it not restart after you stop?
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
kharma21
Not Yet Wild

It wont start at all anymore.. just a very low grinding/grumbling sound. It wont turn over either, basically nothing happens.. I guess when the guy was here he jacked it up and jumped the battery and it started, and the tires turned too. But after that, nothing. Since then it just wont start.. just that noise. I am at a loss of what it can be and the gulf cart guy never showed.
kharma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car