lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default 94 model cutting off

I have a 94 model CC in the shop now for cutting off after 5-10 minutes of run time. The rev limitor is bypassed by the owner due to his eng builder told him to do it and I have replaced the coil. The cart still cuts off after 5-10 min of run time. It iwll back fire and than cut off, It does loose fire. Wait about 30 minutes and it will drive again. I do not normally work on CC but it is the bosses friend.

I have searched and many say coil and rev limiter box. Will replacing the rev limiter box solve my problem. The black wire had been disconnected. When it does run it runs great. Any help will be appreciated.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Default Re: 94 model cutting off

My 97 was doing that. Turns out the Coil was getting hot. Let it cool down a little, it would start up and run for another 5-10 minutes. Replaced Coil, Runs great..
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I have just replaced the coil, it is possible I got a bad/new coil?????
Old 08-05-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
pbillyi69
shut up & hang on

Club Car

it is possible i have had lots of new parts be no good over the years.....coils usually work or they don't though.......
pbillyi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

i have seen coils go bad/quit when they get hot on cars. That is not new to me. Just trying to see if there is anymore options out there before I order another coil. I am totally lost on this.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:42 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have heard ruredy say you can pour water over the coil to cool it off when the cart quits. If when cooled in this manner, the cart restarts then it is definitely a coil problem? Might be worth a try?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

talked to another guy about it here local and he told me to crank and then disconnect the white/black wire that run down clutch side of eng, disconnected it and it ran for about 5 minutes and lost fire again.

Is there anything else I should check before I order another coil?
Old 08-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #8
GMCWAYNE
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Check wiring on the motor side from the connection you disconnected last to the coil to make sure the wire is not intermittently grounding out on the engine. That is the only other thing to check besides the coil.
GMCWAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #9
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I will check ohm that wire while moving it to see if it is by chance grounded to the eng.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #10
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

ohmed both sides of that wire and they both go to grnd. using my negative lead on my DVOM on the wire and using positive lead on pos term of battery I get 12.58V on either side. So that wire is grounded.

I guess I am gonna try and trace that wire and see exactly where it goes. The wire in question is White with Black tracer. The wiring diagram on here is blury and I really can't see where they go ro the wire colors.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car