lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
steeltree
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy will idle but not go

I am new to this site but I hope you will have mercy on me for some of the questions that i will be asking in the future.
Here is my question. I have a 2004 CC Tranquility (that is about all I know about the motor). When I push the pedal to go it will idle but not take off. If I hold the choke in it will fore for just a second but then right back to idle. But also acts like the choke is not always effective. so then I removed the hose and held my hand over the air intake and the same thing happens. It runs high then idle repetedly but then will just go idle for a while. Have checked the fuel line and seems to be getting fuel all the way to the carb. It did this a few days ago but then when I hit it with starting fluid it worked for a few days. then it did it while driving it on the farm. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your time
steeltree is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #2
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: will idle but not go

Welcome to the forum.
When the cart ran with ether did it run good for those days as far as power, popping or backfiring?
BTW, these carts are designed to NOT idle. What sounds like an idle is the starter generator turning over the motor. More than likely you have a fuel problem. I would replace the fuel filter and test the fuel pump. Disconnect the fuel line to the carb and try to start it. It should pulse fuel out of the hose. If it doesn't work, check the vacuum line to the motor for air leaks and/ or replace. If it still doesn't work you'll need a fuel pump. Plugs are always a good idea to try. They are easy and inexpensive and can cause some unusual things to occur.
If the pump works I would remove the carb. disassemble and clean it. If that doesn't help, adjust the valves and perform a compression test.
Let us know what happens, even if it works. Tony
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: will idle but not go

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyton View Post
Welcome to the forum.
When the cart ran with ether did it run good for those days as far as power, popping or backfiring?
BTW, these carts are designed to NOT idle. What sounds like an idle is the starter generator turning over the motor. More than likely you have a fuel problem. I would replace the fuel filter and test the fuel pump. Disconnect the fuel line to the carb and try to start it. It should pulse fuel out of the hose. If it doesn't work, check the vacuum line to the motor for air leaks and/ or replace. If it still doesn't work you'll need a fuel pump. Plugs are always a good idea to try. They are easy and inexpensive and can cause some unusual things to occur.
If the pump works I would remove the carb. disassemble and clean it. If that doesn't help, adjust the valves and perform a compression test.
Let us know what happens, even if it works. Tony
Good stuff T man...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #4
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
Good stuff T man...
Cool, Dirty is moderating me. Now, that'll be easy time
Old 08-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Cool, Dirty is moderating me. Now, that'll be easy time
Moderwhat?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #6
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
Moderwhat?
HANGIN OUT, moderate, same thing.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:42 PM   #7
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Hangin' out.
Tryin', You?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #8
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm about out for the night. I really had to work this week...CALL me if you need me dirty, you might be swamped with drunks when the bars close and they go home to ride thier carts Here's my number 555-555-5555. Call anytime, day or night..NOT!Hang in there its almost midnight. I should start hallucenating soon.....See ya'
tony
Old 08-14-2009, 11:58 PM   #9
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I'm about out for the night. I really had to work this week...CALL me if you need me dirty, you might be swamped with drunks when the bars close and they go home to ride thier carts Here's my number 555-555-5555. Call anytime, day or night..NOT!Hang in there its almost midnight. I should start hallucenating soon.....See ya'
tony
Tomorrow...
Old 08-16-2009, 07:53 AM   #10
steeltree
Not Yet Wild

have checked everything and I'm down to cleaning the carb. will let you know.
thanks for the quick response
steeltree is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car