lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2009, 03:19 AM   #1
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Worried

In a moment of abject stupidity, I just paid $800 cash for a 2003 gas powered Club cart. Very nice condition and appears to run very well. Typical bar room banter led me to this purchase from a guy who claimed that it previously belonged to his now deceased uncle. Naturally, (having supped a couple of beers) this seemed an absolute bargain and I felt compelled to make the deal before someone else snapped it up. I rode the cart, shook hands and exchanged cash for cart. Drove it home and closer inspection revealed no ID tag on the dash. How can I verify that the bloody thing has not been recently purloined from some unsuspecting individual or the local golf club ? No number or other identifying marks are apparent but since there is no id number I guess that seems hardly relevant.I feel so stupid but since carts have no title and I am new to ownership is there any other way of proving provenance ?
I am worried that I may have been sold a stolen item.
Thanks guys.

An idiot.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2009, 05:38 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Worried

Well... I hoping that what you have is a great deal, and not a stolen one!

Here's where the secondary tag should be!
(under the dash on the passenger glove)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Serial Number 2nd location 008.jpg (173.9 KB, 1 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Well... I hoping that what you have is a great deal, and not a stolen one!

Here's where the secondary tag should be!
(under the dash on the passenger glove)

Thanks Don, i'll check that out.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #4
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Get a bill of sale. That will prove you didn't steal it.... Then paint it
Just kiddin', I hope it's all legit.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:15 PM   #5
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I was going to reply earlier, but I decided to give someone else a chance.
To be sure it is not hot, you would need to check with the local police departments. If it was stolen, the cart would be taken and returned to the owner, your money would probably never be seen and you could be facing a possession of stolen property charge. The DA would see that charge and consider you an inocent vuictim and dismiss any charges.
I say keep it, manufacture a bill of sale with a ficticious sellers name and considwer it yours. You did pay money and you were told it was his to sell. The way things are today, he probably wanted some quick cash and had no need for the cart.
A lot of people have no idea the value of a golf cart and 800 is a bunch of money!
Old 08-19-2009, 04:53 AM   #6
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

sounds too good to be true.try to get a legit bill of sale for it first .i would go back to the bar and try to locate this guy especially if you plan on registering it.like my ole grand pappy used to say "you have to step on your d*ck every once in awhile to make sure your a man."
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:38 AM   #7
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dock98 View Post
sounds too good to be true.try to get a legit bill of sale for it first .i would go back to the bar and try to locate this guy especially if you plan on registering it.like my ole grand pappy used to say "you have to step on your d*ck every once in awhile to make sure your a man."
That's a good one Dock
Make it as legal as you can possibly make it....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car