lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
mtaswt
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default bubbles

I charged my batteries over night and pulled the plug out before i left for work. When i got home i checked the voltage (90%) and the batteries still sounded like they had some bubbling going on. I know they bubble while charging, but is it normal for them to continue to bubble 8 hours later? They were not bubbling like they had just been charged, but it did sound like i heard some bubbling going on. Normal/Not Normal?

Thanks,
mtaswt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: bubbles

Bubbling is normal even after sitting.
At only 90%, if your charger is working properly, I would think your batteries are getting older and may soon be ready for replacement.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
mtaswt
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The batteries are brand new...........I will get the numbers off of them tonight and the readings from them as well and post them tomorrow if i have any questions. I just bought the cart, but the batteries are "supposed to be new?"

Thanks, Matt
mtaswt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
dougmcp
Gone Wild

If the batteries are Trojans look for a code on the negative post with a letter and a number, this is the month and year. Mine are D-4 which is Apr/04. Other batteries use a similar code as well and you will have to look around a little.
You are using a digital voltmeter to check your batteries, right?
Here is a state of charge chart to help you determine your battery condition:

dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO