lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
jdmac1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Another newbie requsting model info

I need your help, I know I have a 2005 (?) Ezgo, but not sure what kind. I check the glove compartment area on the passenger side. I see the holes where the information used to be. I then check the frame under the drives side and found the following Serial 2201876. Also the charger part has the run \ tow maintenance toggle. Can you tell me what kind it is? From reading the sticky’s I figured out the batteries are January 2007 (A7 stamp). My buddy who sold me the cart didn’t know much about adding water to the batteries most of them where bone dry.

Thank you…..
jdmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
ldmmcgill
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Another newbie requsting model info

If it has a run / tow switch it is a regen cart
ldmmcgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You have a PDS system cart. In 2004, EZGO stopped using the ID tags in the glove box, so don't get nervous that yours is 'missing' - it was never there! Serial number looks c lose to 2004 to 2005. On the top frame rail above the batteried and behind the rear seat (under the inspection cover there is a tag on the frame that will give you the date code down to the day and month it was built...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
jdmac1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Mike,
I went out and found it. It says TXTPDS K1304 SN 2201876.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

you have a 04 PDS cart. your cart orig had teh TXT frt clip, but according to your pic someooone has swapped it out for the Workhorse frt clip.

NEVER let the batteries get low on water. that is the quickest way to kill a battery. Make sure the water level stays over the plates atleast 1/4 inch.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
jdmac1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So if I understand what I've read, the build date was September of 2004. Since it's says K1304, since K is September since you skip I (or was that only for batteries)? What does the 13 stand for?

Interesting about the front end being from a workhorse. When I came into work today I gave my buddy a hard time about the water levels. He had no clue what kind of cart he bought from a local shop, he just like it and bought it. I like to know what I have when I buy something and how to maintain it. That's how I found this site.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO