lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #21
DANIMALISTIK08
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 Ezgo Dcs No Go

I am using the alltrax diagram cause I have the dcx500 controller. I have 36.3v on both sides of large posts all the time except when the key is off and tow/ run switch is off I get 36.3v on battery side and 34.3v on controller side of solenoid. I turned cart on and put in forward and solenoid clicked so I check and I have 36.3v on both large posts so I put cart in nuetral and I heard solenoid click so i checked both posts again and I have the same 36.3v on both large posts. How should the solenoid check out 36v on large post battery side only with all power turned off?
DANIMALISTIK08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

yep They work the way you have it wired but one it isn't as safe and 2 if left in gear the solenoid is engaged. I wired one that way.... in six months it needed a new solenoid... came to find out the lady who owned it left the key on and parked in gear so it wouldn't roll Solenoid was on all the time, shudda lasted 10-20 yrs
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #23
bond007
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, you have power tied in somewhere after the foot switch and before the key switch that's energizing the solenoid. The micros are breaking the power when you switch the f/r and the key switch breaks it when you turn it off. Check the wires all around the foot switch especially where there are several wires connected. Maybe one connected to the wrong side of the foot switch.
bond007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #24
DANIMALISTIK08
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

From what I can see is power to throw solenoid is coming from the controller. the foot switch goes directly to controller and then the blue wire from controller to solenoid is suppose the throw it...right? I have been over the diagram multiple times and I have checked my wiring multiple times as well. I checked at foot switch and got 36v going in and when activated I get 36v coming out the other side so I know the micro is working. I have power from key switch to small post on solenoid. My question is could the solenoid be stuck closed and I am just hereing it click but it is not actually moving in side? I have 36.4v on both sides of teh large posts even with key off and tow run switch off. I am thinking this is the problem. I think the solenoid is stuck closed making the circuit. Am I wrong?
Old 12-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Problem is the key wire going to the solenoid.
Key wire should go to the foot peddle micro and then from there to the solenoid... Yes 1/2 of the solenoid activation circuit comes from the controller..... are you still using the alltrax diagram and not the ezgo diagraqm? Try what I said here I think you will be good to go and not have to buy anything
Old 12-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #26
DANIMALISTIK08
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Problem is the key wire going to the solenoid.
Key wire should go to the foot peddle micro and then from there to the solenoid... Yes 1/2 of the solenoid activation circuit comes from the controller..... are you still using the alltrax diagram and not the ezgo diagraqm? Try what I said here I think you will be good to go and not have to buy anything
scottyb...I don't doubt your ezgo knowlegde but how your saying to wire it is not a factory setup. I would have to redo all teh wiring in order to make that happen. Here is a the ezgo wiring diagram that I found other than alltrax and it is the same, power from run/tow to forward micro to key switch and then to solenoid.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #27
DANIMALISTIK08
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

oops hwere it is:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf how-to-test-dcs-speed-controller.pdf (81.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 12-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I appreciate you don't doubt my knowledge. Others smarter than both of us do
The fact remains that your solenoid makes contact when you turn the key on and that is wrong.
A lot gets lost in the interpretation when discussing wiring diagrams here on the forum.... maybe you can post the diagram you are using so we can look at it together with the others who are trying to help here
Old 12-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #29
DANIMALISTIK08
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is the pdf agina for the dcs controllers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf how-to-test-dcs-speed-controller.pdf (81.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #30
bond007
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree with Scotty, it's not very safe wired the way it is...there is a problem somewhere....again I say check all wires, connections and which side of switches wires are connected to.

Do your tests follow the diagram exactly? does the pedal click when you do test 4? note the key switch open (off) in test 4, closed (on) in tests 5 and 6Also note the charger switch is open and closed in different tests which means you will have to plug the charger in on some tests (not with the charger plugged up) or jump power on the charge switch.
Like they say, the devil is in the details....
Hope this helps
bond007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO